Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#286029 by The Fonz
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:04 pm
Amazing live bands.
Not overly fussed with their last album.

If you've not checked them out you should seek Fukpig. Mainly made up of Nathrakh members. Crust-punk/grindcore.
#286031 by Leechmaster
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 pm
This may be the thread to break Biert's near year-long silence... :P I've only ever seen him and Lars really raving on about Nathrakh on here. Tried to get into them with Domine Non Es Dignus and it failed and then tried again with Eschaton however many years after and it didn't set then either... Just not my tankard of poitín, I guess.
#286032 by DevinJayLeibe
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:22 pm
I love it. I'm pretty selective with that kind of earfuck noise but Anaal are epic... I like variety in singing, because then between the kind of over the top black metal operatic bits there's the crushing mental incoherent screaming and you don't get bored of not being able to understand anything ever. Hah! It's intense and loud but there's melody to follow too. I hope to catch them live next time they come around. I do wish they would release lyrics but that's their prerogative, it's not like I'd ever be able to sing along xD

- oh and 'I am the wrath of god and the desolation of the earth' never fails to get my heart literally racing - I've never been affected like that by a song before, that's what drew me in. I saw the link to it on TV tropes nightmare fuel because someone claimed that if the song didn't get your adrenaline running, you were probably dead. The noise bleww my face off :D
#286160 by EphelDuath666
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:56 am
yup, one of my favorite bands. Saw them live a few years ago and was pretty amazed how much they appreciated everyone at the gig and I was even more amazed when Dave thanked the audience in fluent German. Yeah, Passion ain't really my favorite Album by them either. I think they took the safest path with it and it sounds more like 'In the constellation...' part 2. But I still like it. And Black Metal and Grindcore are two of my most favorite genres and I love how they wonderfully combine both and make the result sound fucking epic.

I enjoy most of what Dave and Mick do besides AN. Benediction, Fukpig, Professor Fate, Mistress...it's all good! :D
#286293 by Chimairacle
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:38 pm
The thread for all the people that thought they were alone in liking them.
They're one of the few bands that sort of stuck for me, I've long been interested in black and death metal but a lot of the artists associated with these genres just don't do it for me. I find Cannibal Corpse boring as hell. A few years ago I heard Hell Is Empty... and just sort of worked my way backwards.