Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#291427 by JuZ
Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:13 am
fullgore wrote:
JuZ wrote:
fullgore wrote:I didn't realize the extent at which my taste in music was at odds with most people on this forum! Yikes!

Nah, looking at that list I can tell you you're not alone at all. :D
Well, that's good. For the record, I've had some time to digest the new The Roots album and I think it might be their best album in the last decade. Definitely check it out when you get the chance.

Hip hop/rap is difficult for me, I usually have to listen to a track multiple times to understand what is being said. In this case its a concept album and the theme of the protagonist's downward spiral encompasses the whole album so I really had to sit with it on repeat for a while to get at the meat of the music.

Cool, thanks for that. They really do stand apart from a lot of other hip hop acts and it sounds like they've pushed their boundaries with this album. Looking forward to it.
#292008 by vt1100
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:30 am
vt1100 wrote:Right now I can think three, Dev's Deconstruction, Symphony X - Iconoclast and Epysode - Obsessions.

Flip side I can think several, Dream Theater (really fed up with Labrie*s whining), Opeth (if I want to hear 70's music I'll get real stuff), Nightwish (very forgettable), Megadeth (really doesn't do anything for me anymore) etc etc.

Can't believe I forgot Amorphis - The Beginning of Times, excellent album!