Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#314450 by Liampie
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:24 am
LicoriceLain wrote:That is your top list? Did you not listen to anything the whole year? :O I don't know you guys. Part of the reason barely any metal is in my top list is because I listened to so much stuff and and a lot of far outshined the metal music this year.

Yes, I know it's not much... I have two reasons for this:
- narrow taste in music. Not literally narrow (because I can appreciate all sorts of genres), but more like picky.
- it always takes a lot of listens before I feel I can rank the album. Some albums therefore missed the list

When I see all these longer lists, I wonder whether I'm just really picky or I just don't know enough bands. A few days ago I got myself two more 2012 albums that might interest me; and it looks like they're making the list soon. :) Also, I told myself to try more music in 2013; even when the artist doesn't appeal to me much.
#314452 by LicoriceLain
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:48 am
Liampie wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:That is your top list? Did you not listen to anything the whole year? :O I don't know you guys. Part of the reason barely any metal is in my top list is because I listened to so much stuff and and a lot of far outshined the metal music this year.

Yes, I know it's not much... I have two reasons for this:
- narrow taste in music. Not literally narrow (because I can appreciate all sorts of genres), but more like picky.
- it always takes a lot of listens before I feel I can rank the album. Some albums therefore missed the list

When I see all these longer lists, I wonder whether I'm just really picky or I just don't know enough bands. A few days ago I got myself two more 2012 albums that might interest me; and it looks like they're making the list soon. :) Also, I told myself to try more music in 2013; even when the artist doesn't appeal to me much.

I listen to most albums only once (but I do listen to every second of each). The ones that I don't listen to more than once are the ones that don't really make an impression on me. The ones that do I give one or two more chances. Through this, I have so far found 25 or so strong albums. Next year, I am going easier on myself given how much I hated spending all my time indoors this year. XD
#314471 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:10 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:^It's my number 1 "God I hate this fucking song" of 2012. :P

Oh come now. Out of all the pop songs to come out in 2012, it is one of the most enjoyable.

I would rather listen to Buddha Bidet for 10 hours than to that over-hyped POS for 1 millisecond.
#314486 by JuZ
Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:56 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:

Oh come now. Out of all the pop songs to come out in 2012, it is one of the most enjoyable.

I am peeved that Gotye is only known for "Somebody that I used to know". Out of all of his great songs, they choose the bland song that you can't even hear what he is saying for half the song.

Hopefully all the success will serve as a bit of a showcase for Wally's other music (and fill his bank account).

I liked the song a lot when the album came out, but it's now been horribly overexposed. I guess that could happen to many a song if it's played to death and given the Glee autotune/mime treatment etc. Still much preferred to almost everything else in the charts.
#314490 by LicoriceLain
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:26 pm
JuZ wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:

I am peeved that Gotye is only known for "Somebody that I used to know". Out of all of his great songs, they choose the bland song that you can't even hear what he is saying for half the song.

Hopefully all the success will serve as a bit of a showcase for Wally's other music (and fill his bank account).

I liked the song a lot when the album came out, but it's now been horribly overexposed. I guess that could happen to many a song if it's played to death and given the Glee autotune/mime treatment etc. Still much preferred to almost everything else in the charts.

This is due in part to the fact that people have almost no self control and can't refrain themselves parodying something that has already been parodied 10,000 times already. Oh and hivemind mentality. :D

And I hope so. As much as I love Karnivool, his original recording of "The Only Way" is still one of my fav songs ever.
#314556 by Tortiss
Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 pm
1. Cattle Decapitation - Monolith Of Inhumanity
2. Wintersun - Time I
3. Beardfish - The Void
4. The Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud
5. The Faceless - Autotheism
6. Enslaved - Riitiir
7. Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
8. Torche - Harmonicraft
9. The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - The Alpha/The Omega
10. The Algorithm - Polymorphic Code