Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#314296 by Liampie
Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:38 am
What albums are you looking out for?

Here's my list, somewhat in order of anticipation:
Seventh Wonder - ???
Ayreon - ???
Dream Theater - ???
Haken - ???
Gloryhammer - Tales from the Kingdom of Fife (Alestorm II?)
Avantasia - The Mystery of Time
Spock's Beard - Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep

I think I forgot some. I expect something from Devin of course but to be honest I lost track of what he's doing all the time. This forum used to be his 'home base', now Devin and all announcements are all over the internet.
Last edited by Liampie on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#314297 by swervedriver
Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 pm
I don't keep much track of who's got something in the works, but I knew Ayreon is working on new stuff so I'll keep an eye out for that. Dev's Retinal Circus DVD should be good too, looking forward to seeing that again. Dunno if he'll get an album out next year, but that's more or less a given to look forward to. I heard Tool might release something next year as well?

Oh, and Simius - Paradigm Shift, for obvious reasons. :P
#314302 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 pm
Local band Internal Nightmare have a full length out next year (Chaos Reborn), that will be cool. Of course, Retinal Circus and (possibly) Casualties are something to look forward to. Christopher Bowes' new band Gloryhammer have their album Tales from the Kingdom of Fife out next year as well.
I'm hoping Triptykon have a new album in 2013, but that's just speculation at the moment.
#314308 by EphelDuath666
Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:52 pm
swervedriver wrote:Dev's Retinal Circus DVD

I don't know what this Retinal Circus DVD thing is that you are talking about. But there's a Retinal Circus Blu-ray that I know of, that should be awesome

:P
#314309 by Jaglavak
Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 pm
swervedriver wrote:I heard Tool might release something next year as well?

Don't count on it, haha.

As of right now, 2013's looking to be a pretty good year. Not in any particular order:

Dev - Retinal Circus Concert
Dev - Casualties of Cool (hoping this comes sooner rather than later)
Shining - TBA
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Descension
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing
The Dillinger Escape Plan - TBA
Cynic - TBA
Ulver - Messe I.X
Last edited by Jaglavak on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#314310 by Faffy
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 am
Dev
Shining
Ayreon
ReVamp

I dunno... I usually don't know what's about to be released until it is actually there.
#314315 by Meh
Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:22 am
Jaglavak wrote:New Starofash (she's been on a two-year schedule for a while now, and Lakhesis was sublime... a guy can hope!)

Nice too see Lakhesis getting some love - it's an incredible album I still listen to often. She self-released it and I don't believe it sold well at all. Without a distributor or label behind her there was literally no promotion for it. And I know Ihsahn is working on a new studio album now which blocks up their studio. In a nutshell don't be surprised if they are no more releases. :sad:
#314319 by Jaglavak
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 am
Meh wrote:
Jaglavak wrote:New Starofash (she's been on a two-year schedule for a while now, and Lakhesis was sublime... a guy can hope!)

Nice too see Lakhesis getting some love - it's an incredible album I still listen to often. She self-released it and I don't believe it sold well at all. Without a distributor or label behind her there was literally no promotion for it. And I know Ihsahn is working on a new studio album now which blocks up their studio. In a nutshell don't be surprised if they are no more releases. :sad:

This is kind of what I feared, after seeing it slip under the radar virtually everywhere... so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Einar (from Leprous) is the only other person I've heard mention it, and he sings on a few tracks anyways so I guess he really doesn't count. This is why I still kind of mourn the loss of Peccatum, in a way - Ihsahn's been producing some of his best work ever as of late, yes, but if Heidi (understandably) quits with Starofash... where else are we gonna hear that voice? She's in a league all of her own vocally, as far as I'm concerned.

...that reminds me; have you heard of God of Atheists? I forgot to add that to my list; its drummer Asgeir Mickelson's solo project... due sometime next year I guess. Supposedly Ihsahn, Trym, ICS Vortex and the whole gang are on it. Those names alone have me very excited. :mrgreen:
#314323 by BlueRaja
Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 am
Alter Bridge, Tool, Ours, Depeche Mode, & Tomahawk. So far.

Oh, also the Kotzen/Portnoy/Sheehan album, and Queens of the Stone Age.
Last edited by BlueRaja on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#314348 by Meh
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:33 am
Jaglavak wrote:This is kind of what I feared, after seeing it slip under the radar virtually everywhere... so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Einar (from Leprous) is the only other person I've heard mention it, and he sings on a few tracks anyways so I guess he really doesn't count. This is why I still kind of mourn the loss of Peccatum, in a way - Ihsahn's been producing some of his best work ever as of late, yes, but if Heidi (understandably) quits with Starofash... where else are we gonna hear that voice? She's in a league all of her own vocally, as far as I'm concerned.

Done some digging around and all is good! This was posted only a few months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DgJAzhX1xY