Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#319439 by vt1100
Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:00 am
In Flames, Threshold, Grand Magus, Seventh Wonder and Dev stuff.
#319442 by MrDishington
Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:22 pm
Skindred have a new one soon, really looking forward to that. New Alcest is really nice so far. Expecting a new Atari Teenage Riot album in the next few months too, the teaser they've put up sounds promising.

But further in the year Dev is what I'm mostly anticipating. Corey Taylor keeps saying Slipknot have something coming out this year but considering they've gotta find a new drummer and (from what it seems) actually write the songs, it won't be any time soon.
#319446 by Faffy
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 am
I usually take one month at a time. Anything else just confuses my squishy brain.

And the most anticipated album of Jannuary 2014 iiiis: Within Temptation's Hydra.

Later there's probably DTP's Casualites of Cool. And perhaps/hopefully something by Anneke van Giersbergen and/or
#319526 by BCLaurel
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:37 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:^May, actually. Close enough.

Argh, every time I hear news about it, it's pushed back a month >< Oh well. Better late than never.
#319530 by Thominator
Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 am
Apart from being really excited for casualties and its bonus disc, I'm also looking forward to the new Anathema, Steven Wilson, Opeth (if that happens this year), and Ash. It's gonna be a good year for music.
#319536 by MikzorTheFirst
Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:28 pm
Really hoping Anathema can deliver the same kind of emotional oomph that they did with "Weather Systems" for me. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.
"Casualties" is a given. Silly stoked about that.
Finnish band Stam1na (often compared to Dev/SYL) is releasing a new album next month. They are always a lot of fun.
#319581 by EphelDuath666
Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm
new Behemoth this week...yay! Oh and Bohren & der Club of Gore got a new one. Totally caught me off guard, will pick it up tomorrow. Double yay!
#319993 by Tracer
Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:52 am
Well, three of mine come out this Friday; the new Saor, Equilibrium, and Mayhem albums. I'm pretty excited for Saor based on the single, and Equilibrium because the reviewers are promising it's a return to form. Mayhem is Mayhem. Oh, and the new Alestorm, duh.
For non-metal, the new Perturbator (dark sci-fi themed 80's style synth stuff) looks to be great.