Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#321043 by Victimlas
Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:17 am
So who's heard the new Opeth?? So far officially we have Cusp of Eternity, and just released yesterday, Eternal Rains

[youtube]p0B26wv22ao[/youtube]

:guitar: :D
#321045 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:44 am
I've only heard Cusp of Eternity and I think that'll be the only new track I'll listen to untill the new Albums comes out later this month just so I don't ruin the fun too much for myself. But yeah, can't wait! I heard it's not as
#321060 by Blazingmonga
Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:18 am
...quick question: does it have death vocals? rawwwwrrrr
#321062 by Victimlas
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:54 am
Blazingmonga wrote:...quick question: does it have death vocals? rawwwwrrrr

Does not... lol
#321064 by Blazingmonga
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 am
Victimlas wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:...quick question: does it have death vocals? rawwwwrrrr

Does not... lol

Dang, dang and double dang.
#321176 by Telescopes Are Gay
Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:13 pm
I'm liking the new album, moreso than Heritage. I am not going to get hung up on the lack of br00tal death metal vocals because honestly after hearing Damnation, this was the logical, inevitable step for the band to go. The production here at least sounds more full and doesn't sound as woefully flat as Heritage did.
#321210 by Chuck Steak
Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 pm
I've heard the new album three times or so and in my opinion it is their worst album, unfortunately.
#321214 by Pik_Nick'92
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:40 am
I'm really liking it. Of course, it may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think the band have definitely accomplished what they were aiming for with this one. I do admit, I came in half expecting some death vocals but in the end it works just as well without them. I liked some of Heritage myself, but in a way this has made me appreciate that and their change of style a lot more. The album tracks don't disappoint much, they all hold pretty well on their own except maaaybe 1 or 2 that I won't spoil.

So yeah, I'll most likely be buying it when it come out :) .
#321217 by KeasbyNights
Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:46 am
I love Mikael's clean singing, and they're one of the only bands with the death metal growls that I listened to anyway, so to see their departure is no skin off my back. Besides, if I do want to hear that lovely growling, I've got 8 other albums to put in my ears. :) I enjoyed Heritage, but I find some songs hard to get through. I'm hoping this new album flows a little better, and that they've better situated themselves into their new direction. I'm very open to groups that take chances and evolve their music in interesting ways. I mean, these are the DT forums are they not? From Ki to Deconstruction to Ghost and so forth.. pretty dynamic changes. ;)
#321373 by KeasbyNights
Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:34 pm
The full album is streaming now, since we've got like a week or less until the release of the new album. So don't listen to it if you want to wait. All other interested parties: proceed.

Spoiler: show
http://pitchfork.com/advance/519-pale-communion/
#321391 by KeasbyNights
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:46 pm
I haven't streamed the album, it just sounds better to me when I've waited.. But looking at your Japanese version is making me a lil jealous.
#321420 by Victimlas
Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:02 am
izumix wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:I haven't streamed the album, it just sounds better to me when I've waited.. But looking at your Japanese version is making me a lil jealous.

You are so Patient! I'm sure you'll cry out for joy when you listen the album :)

So what did you think of the new album??? :)