Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#55768 by ForceFed
Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:13 am
Caeros wrote:This is what I've been listening to in recent weeks:
Jeff Buckley - Grace

I recently discovered this beauty of an album, due to a book i've been reading by Neil Peart where he discusses his love for it, and the tragic story that was Buckley's short-lived career. Hallelujah, from that album, brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it.

Other than that album, some of the other things i've been stuck on recently would be -

Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness & Damned In Black

After being skeptical about the genre of Black Metal for awhile, a friend pretty much forced me to check these guys on me. This was 6 months ago, and they have become top 10 favorites. These two albums are masterpieces that any metal fan in particular should at hear at least once.

Opeth - Damnation

Long time favorites, this album is great at night when you just need to relax. It's amazing that a band who's considered Death Metal could make such beautiful music as this.

A few others would be Jethro Tull - Aqualung, Rammstein - Reise Reise, and HORSE The Band - R. Borlax.

#55793 by black_tooth_grin
Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:19 am
I recently bought the Dark Earth Ep, there a band around my area. There've only been in the scene for a little while but have had some great feedback from there fans and other band's. I've know the guitarist and drummer for a while and are great guy and great at what they do. There a black metal band with an old school feel to there music.

If u are interested in them and live in Australia go to there website and download there demo's.

http://www.darkearthdomain.com

#55794 by EphelDuath666
Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:21 am
Sinkharmony wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote:Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

This band and their music RULES ! What an awesome album !

Definitely! If you dig In Absentia, you need to check out Blackfield. It's a sideproject that Steve Wilson from PT did with this Israeli dude. It's fucking phenomenal! Trust.

I can second that....Blackfield is damn good stuff. Also check out another sideproject of Steven Wilson called no-man. That´s music for the really quiet days. Their latest Album called "Together we´re stranger" is excellent in my opinion.

#55835 by Sinkharmony
Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:21 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Sinkharmony wrote:

Definitely! If you dig In Absentia, you need to check out Blackfield. It's a sideproject that Steve Wilson from PT did with this Israeli dude. It's fucking phenomenal! Trust.

I can second that....Blackfield is damn good stuff. Also check out another sideproject of Steven Wilson called no-man. That´s music for the really quiet days. Their latest Album called "Together we´re stranger" is excellent in my opinion.

What's your favorite PT album? I think mine is Lightbulb Sun.

#55843 by BlueRaja
Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:46 am
Recently I've been listening to:

Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake
Alter Bridge - REALLY GOOD!
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (It RO!)

And then I eventually revert back to Opeth's Damnation or Blackwater Park. Or Dev.

#55847 by mistress2metal
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:00 pm
Hey, lol. Quit picking on me. I RO! and shouldn't be picked on, roflmao

Now that I'm re-thinking about it, was it even me who said that? lol Too many shoutbox conversations. Things are getting hazy.

#55851 by BlueRaja
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:18 pm
mistress2metal wrote:Hey, lol. Quit picking on me. I RO! and shouldn't be picked on, roflmao

Now that I'm re-thinking about it, was it even me who said that? lol Too many shoutbox conversations. Things are getting hazy.

LOL! Good try. ;)

It's just one of those catch phrases now that everytime I see or hear the name "Porcupine Tree" I have to yell it out.:D But I don't think anyone knows what it means except for you and I. They just think I'm retarded.

#55853 by EphelDuath666
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:22 pm
Sinkharmony wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Sinkharmony wrote:

I think I have to pick Stupid Dream...Even less and Don´t hate me are simply briliant songs that I´ve listened to very very very often. But I love everything that I heard from them so far and Wilson is a damn genius anyways.

#55854 by mistress2metal
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:22 pm
BlueRaja wrote: But I don't think anyone knows what it means except for you and I. They just think I'm retarded.

Er,... think???

* and up pulls the short bus*

JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING, LOL

#55855 by BlueRaja
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:24 pm
WAIT! Lemme go get my helmet.

#55856 by mistress2metal
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:26 pm
roflmao - we are soooooooo off topic

#55860 by IamaFlukeintheworld
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:34 pm
Currently

Quo Vadis dreams...so good.
Meshuggah Nothing
Into Eternity anything i can find...
Red Harvest
Dev (duh)
The Haunted rEVOLVEr

#55930 by simen_88
Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:08 pm
Right now, Earth Day. This must be one of the most beautiful songs Dev ever made, especially the intro.

#55936 by Coma Divine
Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:59 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Sinkharmony wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Sinkharmony wrote:

I think I have to pick Stupid Dream...Even less and Don´t hate me are simply briliant songs that I´ve listened to very very very often. But I love everything that I heard from them so far and Wilson is a damn genius anyways.
Jeez, I dunno. Probly The Sky Moves Sideways...or Signify...or Voyage 34...or perhaps even Coma Divine. :wink:

Too hard to pick one most days.