Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#254643 by ShortSonata
Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 am
Well, Aspera are an upcoming progressive metal band with a new album out called 'Ripples'. They have a video for their song 'Reflections' on YouTube.
Oh, and there's this guy called Devin Townsend. Not sure if you guys have heard of him though. He does some pretty good shit.
#270178 by atum_rick
Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 pm
Been into Coheed and Cambria lately. It sounds kinda 'emo'y, but I think it's really great.
The lyrics follow the Amory Wars story, a comic series written by the band leader.
Here's one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk33WaLEff0

Before Devin, I was really hooked in Pain of Salvation.
Lately, their material seems kinda forced, but the early albuns were great.
I recommend them all, particularly Entropia and The Perfect Element.
Here's a good one by them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrG_x89Ke3g
#270551 by Marijn
Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 pm
http://euphoreon.com/

Very nice melodic death metal band called Euphoreon. You can download their debut album for free! Of course, you can also pay for the real CD. :) I just heard of them today and I am really surprised by the music... It sounds like a mix of melodic death metal and power metal. Especially the track 'Eleventh Heaven' is rather beautiful! :guitar:
#270561 by Telescopes Are Gay
Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm
For fans of Opeth, Alcest/Amesoeurs/Neige, and Katatonia...

[youtube]dEWj-bnVjNo[/youtube]

I'm getting into what they call 'shoegaze black metal' lately and I thought this was a good album.

Also, I got into a little band called Grey Waters...

[youtube]LANzJxZJtpA[/youtube]
#270601 by djskrimp
Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:04 am
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:For fans of Opeth, Alcest/Amesoeurs/Neige, and Katatonia...

I'm getting into what they call 'shoegaze black metal' lately and I thought this was a good album.

If only Grey Skies could open for Grey Waters..... :shock:
#270839 by Deth Warmdover
Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:10 pm
Probably been highlighted before but I'm really enjoying Kylesa right now...This is a goood metal band. Best of that Georgia Sludge .esp. Spiral Shadow. Majestic, brutal, wet and heavy
#270923 by No OnE
Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 pm
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:...I'm getting into what they call 'shoegaze black metal' lately...

Thanks for posting that, I did some searching into that style and am loving what I'm finding! It's like Sigur Ros meets metal :D
#270929 by Telescopes Are Gay
Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 am
No OnE wrote:
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:...I'm getting into what they call 'shoegaze black metal' lately...

Thanks for posting that, I did some searching into that style and am loving what I'm finding! It's like Sigur Ros meets metal :D

I'd HIGHLY recommend you get Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde by Alcest. It's a great album.

There's also Lantlos which has Neige (Alcest) on vocals for their newest album...

[youtube]0IIzu_oa47E[/youtube]
[youtube]RaRQ25OkH4I[/youtube]

There's also Les Discrets. They're less metal focused and more folky sounding but the atmosphere is still pretty dark. They have a new album coming out soon this year, apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHToqt0uL4w
#270931 by Tyroshai
Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:54 am
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:
No OnE wrote:

There's also Lantlos which has Neige (Alcest) on vocals for their newest album...

[youtube]0IIzu_oa47E[/youtube]
[youtube]RaRQ25OkH4I[/youtube]

There's also Les Discrets. They're less metal focused and more folky sounding but the atmosphere is still pretty dark. They have a new album coming out soon this year, apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHToqt0uL4w

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
Go...Check Lantlos out!
#270932 by Billy Rhomboid
Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:45 am
djskrimp wrote:
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:For fans of Opeth, Alcest/Amesoeurs/Neige, and Katatonia...

If only Grey Skies could open for Grey Waters..... :shock:

With Her Grey Earth headlining.
#273325 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 am

about time they release a proper live DVD/Blu-Ray/CD package! The 'Their Law' DVD was OK but this new package is sooooo much better! Of course I would have liked to see a few more classics such as 'Funky Shit', 'Break and enter', 'No Good', 'Spitfire' and 'Poison' on the setlist of the main gig and a bit less focus on newer material but I guess you can't have it all!Despite that I have to recommend this live package to anyone who loves The Prodigy. Great sound, great video quality, great atmosphere!