Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#226781 by daneulephus
Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 am
Polysics.

I saw they were mentioned once before, but a link was not given. Requires a bit of open-mindedness, but for anyone into goofy Devo inspired video game influenced music, check them out. Some of it is actually kinda heavy!...In a punk/hardcore sort of way.

[youtube]DTAgR2DQI6k[/youtube]
#249847 by Biert
Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 am
I simply cannot believe why this thread isn't on the first page at all times. We're all music lovers and evangelists, right?
#250073 by Aden
Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 am
Biert wrote:I simply cannot believe why this thread isn't on the first page at all times. We're all music lovers and evangelists, right?

I can't believe the post before yours was from almost a YEAR ago. How many pages back was this when you bumped it?

Can't believe this thread hadn't had a red 'new post' icon for that long. I've always remembered this one being regularly active... strange. I must've been getting it confused with something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some stuff that came on my MP3 player when I bought it. Might tickle some peoples tastes.

Sinew
http://www.myspace.com/sinewmusic

[youtube]n9CWpDNjGPc[/youtube]
[youtube]eFYZrZtF3F0[/youtube]

PV Nova
http://www.myspace.com/pvnova

[youtube]5PeLvVE3DMk[/youtube]
Skip to the last 2 mins.

[youtube]IMKWlumhiMg[/youtube]
#250476 by irishgreensoda
Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:12 am

Kalisia - Cybion

Kalisia is a progressive death metal band. They released Cybion last year and it is one of the best PDM albums I think I've ever heard! Definitely give them a try if you haven't.

Also, for those not interested in metal, heres a great jazz fusion guitarist from England named Guthrie Govan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ct7qKCK8UM
Song starts at about a minute in.
#253972 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:59 pm
the Behemoth DVD box set Evangelia Heretika is awesome. Contains 2 great shows, one shot in Paris, the other shot in Warsaw. The Paris show has been previously released on CD so some people already know the audio of that show...well, now the video has finally been released too! Both shows rock and both set lists are great. The box set also includes a DVD with documentaries and a CD containing the audio of the Warsaw gig in pretty damn good sound quality in addition. If you are a fan of this band then you can't afford to miss out on this....

...or I could just fuck off

(heh, remember that one? :P )
#253977 by mrbean667
Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 pm
Here are some of my favs at the moment ;)

Jethro Tull- Thick As A Brick. Seriously, if you are into prog, you must check this out. If you like the flute, it is heresy not to own this album.

Meshuggah- Catch 33. Fuck. Just buy it if you haven't already. Same goes for Nothing.

Frank Zappa- Joe's Garage. Funny, melodic, every song is a hit.

Ayreon- The Human Equation. Damn, can't get enough of it. It goes everywhere under the musical sun and as you probably know, Dev is in a few songs.

/rant.
#254023 by BrunoN
Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:16 pm
Alessandro Cortini, NIN's former keyboard guy (also touring keyboardist for Muse) makes his own atmospheric electrosongs. Nice, melancholic stuff made with wacky Buchla modular synthesizer.

Handful of songs available on sonoio.org for free, buying the digital version of the rest isn't tough either - I managed to buy an album from my, traditionally ignored by most of digital music stores country.

[youtube]jtPuQqIvqP8[/youtube]

[youtube]W-8lMlwK8YI[/youtube]

Here's short clip about him. Aside of super nerdy musical equipment he's also amateur of Half-Life and cats. Looks like a pretty great dude to me.

[youtube]3fqWqaEegQk[/youtube]
#254441 by Tyroshai
Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:37 am
chrisslight wrote:I've been following these guys for a while and they finally have a music video out. The band is Biomortal from the UK and I'm pretty certain you guys will dig it!

[youtube]um-Fdk_3Pp8[/youtube]

I second this. :D
Ace blokes. Ace album. Which incidentally you can download for free, here: http://www.biomortal.com/dirge/

Personal favourite:
[youtube]jl1hMxqRlAk[/youtube]
#254453 by merimarsu
Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:06 pm
Not really sure if these guys have popped up on this thread earlier, but anyways
Stam1na from Finland
[youtube]1Wrkrbi8cmg[/youtube]
Give it a try, get over the language barrier and feel free to spot the really hevy devy influences :wink:
#254638 by BrunoN
Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:51 am
merimarsu wrote:Not really sure if these guys have popped up on this thread earlier, but anyways
Stam1na from Finland
[youtube]1Wrkrbi8cmg[/youtube]
Give it a try, get over the language barrier and feel free to spot the really hevy devy influences :wink:

Nice invisible-floydrose solo.