Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#314938 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:43 am
Alestorm, filming their live DVD as well.

Their support band Barbarian were cool, hadn't heard them before - great songs and stage outfits (especially the guy who looked like a cross between a viking and a gimp).

Anyway, Alestorm put on an entertaining show with a fantastic set. Everyone sang along to every song, and Christopher Bowes also joked with the audience the whole night.

Though by the end, he was pleading with the crowd to leave him alone. When you have about 1000 people urging you to chug multiple drinks and spew them back up while playing one more song after the encore is finished... you can see why he mooned the crowd and damn near started crying at their demands.

Still, he hung out and took pictures, gave hugs and had chats. I managed to joke with him that the crowd had gone insane - he agreed quickly. The band also handed out free drinks from their liquor bottles on stage to everyone - that was a treat.

Mostly an awesome night out for my sisters that I took; one had never seen the band live (although she got a few hugs and kisses from Bowes), the other had only seen them once before, and she made sure to go nuts in the pit, and get her face on camera as much as possible. Not a bad birthday/Xmas present (respectively) I'd say. My concert of the year, so far.
#316056 by Abydost
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm
I saw Steven Wilson in Oslo. Goddamn, skilled musicians who know exactly what they are doing. They played all of Raven, 3 songs off Grace for Drowning and Insurgentes. Amazing atmosphere and visuals. Nick Beggs and Marco Minneman are mad. My favourite moment was when Steven started playing bass whilst Nick was playing the chapman. Later there was a bass solo. By Steven. Died.
#316484 by fragility
Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:14 am
Tesseract last night. Great performance as always. I have to admit, I was really sceptical about the new vocalist, thinking he was a definite downgrade. He's the third Tesseract vocalist I've seen live (didn't manage to catch Elliott, so not exactly a fair test) and I stand by my original assessment. That being said, despite the poor guy having a really bad throat, he was way better than I expected, and definitely a good choice by Tesseract. The new stuff, while never as enjoyable as the stuff you know, sounded really good. Very excited for the new album now!

And The Lounge Bar (AKA Alton Community Centre) - I think the first gig I've been to with a second hand book lending library in the entrance. Awesome!
#316558 by Faffy
Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 pm
fragility wrote:Soooo wanted to go to this one, but couldn't make it :(

Bummer :\

At least POS will release an acoustic CD. ...all though I wish they'd release the entire set with Anneke and
#316580 by NamasteLikeBender
Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 pm
I have to decide between seeing Steven Wilson and Ghost on May 10. My girlfriend really wants to see Steven Wilson, and it's awesome to see a great review of his live performance. Thanks, abydost!
#316826 by prof. wedgie
Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:01 pm
Xentrix, Evile and Kreator last Friday. I've seen Evile a few times now and they seemed.to have an off night, wasn't bad at all just not as good as the others. First time seeing Kreator and they were great but a few sound problems, but Xentrix stole the show, absolutely incredible performance
#316951 by prof. wedgie
Mon May 06, 2013 6:51 am
DTP in London, Dublin and Belfast!

London was good. Never listened to Periphery before, thought they were ok, nothing great. Meshuggah were amazing, the light show was really cool and they're unbelievably tight as a band. DTP, great as always, some sound problems though which was a bit disappointing.

Managed to get on the balcony for Dublin which meant a perfect view of the band. Nice mix of old and new, with a lot of Epicloud stuff, think there might have been six songs from it in total?

Same setlist in Belfast last night, another great performance from the guys. Ryan said he had a lot of problems with his gear, but I honestly didn't notice, thought they played and sounded fantastic

Roll on the next tour!
#316962 by MrDishington
Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 pm
Lordi earlier this evening. Cheesiest thing ever... which is not a dig on them. I was in a bit of a grump mixed with illness so really wasn't in the mood but they totally overpowered that. I quite like them on record but live it's just a totally different thing. They've got some really catchy songs and weren't afraid to mess about a bit. For pretty much every track they had at least one crazy gimmicky prop, just to reel off a few: a severed hand in a bucket, a skull with smoke coming out of it, a child's doll that fired confetti and my personal favourite was during the song "I'm The Best" the singer got awarded for being best by wearing a Miss World style sash and tiara while holding flowers. Their whole set was surreal and goofy.