Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)

#132837 by labelkills741
Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:21 am
djskrimp wrote:http://www.hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5295&highlight=

That's the last concert I've been to, and it was awesome. Hoping to catch some ripping stuff here in Japan, but haven't been able to schedule a time to go down to Tokyo yet.

Hey man I was at that show too! Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh is about 10 minutes from my house 8)

But the last concert I attended was Gigantour 2 in Boston MA with Overkill, Arch Enemy, Opeth, Lamb of God, and Megadeth. I don't care much for Overkill, Arch Enemy played all new songs (which I'm not fond of), Opeth was awesome but had a terrible stage sound and a very short set, they were much better when I saw them with DTB. Lamb of God was amazing, they rocked hard the whole set and really lit the place up, I was headbanging the whole time. Megadeth, of course, slayed...end of story.

#132847 by fullgore
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:46 pm
Uhhh Decapitated & Fear Factory a month from now. Hasn't happened yet but you know it'll be amazing.

I don't remember my last show. Dillinger Escape Plan last year, maybe? If that was the show... Fuck, best live performance ever.

YOU FUCKING PUNK
YOU FUCKING PUNK PROS-
YOU FUCKING PUNK
PRO-STI-TUUUUUUUTE!!

#132856 by black_tooth_grin
Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 pm
Nevermore - Pure pwnage. 8)

#132866 by fragility
Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:21 am
Last one was SYL for me, I have since missed out on the only 2 shows locally I would have liked to see. I don't think I need to deliver a verdict really ;)

#132868 by Persuader
Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:28 am
The Haunted, and they slayed (tihihi) as always. Dolving is the fuckin' man.

#132875 by ladytwiglet
Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:23 am
i went to the unholy alliance last friday, lamb of god were cracking but In Flames were friggen amazing :D didnt stay for slayer coz i didnt want toms crappy voice to dull my high from the other bands, plus i have seen them 5 times already! :P

got opeth and pendulum this friday :twisted:

#132900 by myra
Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:18 pm
Biert wrote:
Biert wrote:Last gig I went to was The Gathering, October 1st in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Excellent show, great band with tight live performance, loads of atmosphere, fucking amazing singer and my friends digging it (!). Even though I forgot the tickets and didn't find out until we were almost there so I had to go back home and fetch them which made us miss the support act, it was amazing. Considering going to see them again in December.

Check out this little video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7927889228795862094
:D
Not the same gig but very good anyway, you'll get my point :D

Now you get another! :tongue: :D

I really want to see The Gathering. Anneke has the best voice! The whole concert on Fabchannel is great, especially the end w/ Eleanor, In Motion #1, and Strange Machines.

Last concert for me was Roger Waters. GREAT!

Opeth before that..amazing!

#132913 by junkmonkey
Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:18 pm
saw Iron Maiden about a month ago...amazing!they played the entire new album live and about 5 or 6 classic songs,very cool show!!!

#132916 by Leechmaster
Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:34 pm
Saw In Flames, Sepultura and Dagoba a couple of months back. Dagoba sucked, Seps were pretty good, In Flames were absolutely outstanding. Their first time in Ireland so we got a really long set.

#132927 by ladytwiglet
Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:30 am
Leechmaster wrote:Saw In Flames, Sepultura and Dagoba a couple of months back. Dagoba sucked, Seps were pretty good, In Flames were absolutely outstanding. Their first time in Ireland so we got a really long set.

i was at the manchester gig for that :) it was top apart from dagoba (seriously, what the fuck was that??) and the absolutely appalling sound. but both seps and IF put on a great show! :twisted:

#132929 by Chris
Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:05 am
Turge wrote:
Chris wrote:To give you an impression of what is was like, this is the song Zehn, basically just meant to make people go crazy and jump, jump, jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHWv7QpIWI

Enjoy!

That was so cool! Nice one! :D

Nice to see that someone here likes it! Here are some more videos for you. Since those are the studio versions, you can hear Farin on guitars, bass, drums and vocals (oh, and on production):

Glücklich

Sumisu

OK

Dusche

Sonne

#132943 by Turge
Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:18 am
Yeah! Glücklich makes me happy! :lol: And the video for Sumisu really made me smile :) (and that girl was hot :P)

Haha, the video for Dushe is hilarous! And the violin section at the end is beautiful.

I like this guy. Think I might be checking out his stuff. :)

#132944 by Chris
Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:08 am
Turge wrote:I like this guy. Think I might be checking out his stuff. :)

Do you speak a little bit German? Because the lyrics are often so funny, the topics he sings about so ridicolous, some rhymes so strange... it's just outstanding. Great, great humor. Thanks to that - and lots of other things, like his talent for writing catchy-as-hell tunes - he is one of the most successful and respected musicians in Germany.

I think you already found it by yourself, but wtf, here's his official site:

http://farin-urlaub.de

...and the site of his main band, die beste Band der Welt, die Ärzte:

http://www.bademeister.com

#133011 by Greg Reason
Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:00 am
MOGWAI.

IMMENSE!

They must be seen to be believed. The only band I've ever witnessed that has even come close to being as fucking huge as Mogwai was Isis.

#133043 by labelkills741
Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:22 pm
Greg Reason wrote:MOGWAI.

IMMENSE!

They must be seen to be believed. The only band I've ever witnessed that has even come close to being as fucking huge as Mogwai was Isis.

Mogwai was...immense? They are pretty mellow IMO. Maybe you meant huge in a different way..