Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)

#133048 by [brett]
Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:17 pm
In Flames I believe the last band was. 4th time I've seen them, never dissapointed!.

EDIT:

ladytwiglet wrote:
Leechmaster wrote:Saw In Flames, Sepultura and Dagoba a couple of months back. Dagoba sucked, Seps were pretty good, In Flames were absolutely outstanding. Their first time in Ireland so we got a really long set.

i was at the manchester gig for that :) it was top apart from dagoba (seriously, what the fuck was that??) and the absolutely appalling sound. but both seps and IF put on a great show! :twisted:

^^That actually was the last gig for me, although It was in Cardiff.

#133079 by ladytwiglet
Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:54 am
nice one! was the sound as poo there as it was in manchester? i was at the front and i could barely make out any of the songs, it was truly the most terrible sound i have ever heard.

tonight i have OPETH!!! woooo!! and after that i am going to see Pendulum and Goldie at a rave! go me! :twisted:

#133116 by :)
Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:47 pm
muse, this time last week, winnr. missing opeth on monday :(

#133121 by andjustinforall
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:43 am
fullgore wrote:Uhhh Decapitated & Fear Factory a month from now. Hasn't happened yet but you know it'll be amazing.

I don't remember my last show. Dillinger Escape Plan last year, maybe? If that was the show... Fuck, best live performance ever.

YOU FUCKING PUNK
YOU FUCKING PUNK PROS-
YOU FUCKING PUNK
PRO-STI-TUUUUUUUTE!!

Yeah Dillinger are so good live its just stupid. Makes the genre of hardcore and most of metal look like a bunch of dumb goofy ogres.

#133122 by andjustinforall
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:46 am
And I think the last international act I saw was Jeff Martin of Tea Party fame if my memory serves correct. He kinda dragged on a bit with his solo stuff which ain't that crash hot. But hearing classics like Sister Awake and Save Me and his cover of Hallelujah with his tabla ensemble was pretty special. His voice is just massive live.

#133124 by Reaper-Man-666
Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:21 am
Last band I went to see was last night..... Opeth @ Manchester Academy! By Lord they are good live. :D

#133126 by Blazingmonga
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:54 am
Reaper-Man-666 wrote:Last band I went to see was last night..... Opeth @ Manchester Academy! By Lord they are good live. :D

First time seeing them?

Saw them in Glasgow on Monday. Shit hot, they are. Mikael is getting to be such a funny frontman. Quality stuff!

#133129 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:57 am
THE BONES a couple of weeks back. Great live rock'n'roll band.

07.12.: Iron Maiden, and hopefully Opeth shortly after. :D

#133147 by ladytwiglet
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:41 pm
Reaper-Man-666 wrote:Last band I went to see was last night..... Opeth @ Manchester Academy! By Lord they are good live. :D

i was there too! and yes it was good :D

#133157 by Greg Reason
Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:52 am
labelkills741 wrote:
Greg Reason wrote:MOGWAI.

IMMENSE!

They must be seen to be believed. The only band I've ever witnessed that has even come close to being as fucking huge as Mogwai was Isis.

Mogwai was...immense? They are pretty mellow IMO. Maybe you meant huge in a different way..

You've heard the wrong stuff.

Not that any of their stuff is wrong, but you obviously have missed their doom shit. They sounded like Neurosis. Check the album Happy Songs for Happy People.

#133180 by ladytwiglet
Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:

First time seeing them?

Saw them in Glasgow on Monday. Shit hot, they are. Mikael is getting to be such a funny frontman. Quality stuff!

haha! i am total agreement on that one...i wasnt expecting him to be so funny but he was just chucklesome!!

Reaper-Man-you weren't wearing a SYL/DTB tour 2001 tshirt at opeth were you???

#133187 by Yanko
Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:20 pm
i just saw video games live, with a local brazilian orchestra playing.
A friend's mom was on the orchestra, and she said she heard the event organizers commenting that this was one of the top 3 orchestras they ever played with.

And that actually was bad for my experience of the show: it was so flawless i kept forgetting it wasn't playback 8/

#133199 by gozu
Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:32 am
Greg Reason wrote: They sounded like Neurosis. Check the album Happy Songs for Happy People.

gooooood album,

#133276 by dfowler340
Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:35 pm
Last show I saw was Lamb of God in Columbus, OH. They said it was the first live show they'd played in over a year, and they must have been pumped because it was fuckin killer! Super long set and it just ripped the crowd apart. Those guys are monsters live.

#133282 by Socialenemy69
Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:00 pm
Mastodon in seattle a couple of months ago, awesome show, definetly worth seeing.