Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)

#133285 by sj_2150
Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:23 pm
Saw Pearl Jam last night. Twas awesome. they played most stuff from Vs which is my favourite album. great show, its up there with the favourites

#133290 by fullgore
Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:11 pm
Yeah, they're still awesome live. It helps that they mostly play stuff off the first 2 albums :)

#133296 by Dr.Mosh
Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:15 am
Mastodon a few weeks ago. Fucking amazing. Great guys too. said hi after the show, they really appreciated my kind words about the show and gave me drunk hugs, hehe

#133299 by sj_2150
Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:41 am
fullgore wrote:Yeah, they're still awesome live. It helps that they mostly play stuff off the first 2 albums :)

ah they played a bit from the new album, but the majority of the stuff was from VS :D

#133307 by Joch
Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:12 am
Evergrey... About 18 times in a row the last three weeks... Been opening for them on their first headlining tour in Europe.

#133313 by gozu
Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:37 am
Joch wrote:Evergrey... About 18 times in a row the last three weeks... Been opening for them on their first headlining tour in Europe.

AMAZING! evergrey are a really good band. saw them on there first ever uk date...

oh i'm going to see hatebreed/unearth on the 24th and tool mastodon on the 25th.... so i'll say what they were like when i've gone.

#133320 by Yanko
Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:29 am
Joch wrote:Evergrey... About 18 times in a row the last three weeks... Been opening for them on their first headlining tour in Europe.

haha congrats man!

#133335 by Joch
Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:40 am
thanks. But I'd say that 18 shows is about 16 to many to enjoy in a row. ;)

#133435 by fullgore
Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:48 am
sj_2150 wrote:
fullgore wrote:Yeah, they're still awesome live. It helps that they mostly play stuff off the first 2 albums :)

ah they played a bit from the new album, but the majority of the stuff was from VS :D
I saw them last year so at that point the s/t wasn't out yet. They played mostly their popular songs (even the bad ones like Do the Evolution) but I think they mostly played stuff off the first 3 albums. Looking back, they actually played a lot off of Vitalogy. No problems here though, their first 3 albums were all rockin'.

They played Corduroy and Black... That's all that matters to me haha.

#135145 by Blodskur
Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:17 am
I last saw Slayer, In Flames and Lamb of God on 3rd November in Manchester and I loved every minute of it. Slayer slayed as usual and their new material sounds even better live. They played all the usual classics, so I can't complain.

In Flames had some weird LED flashing behind them and before they played the Knightrider theme was going on in the background, not the sort of thing you'd expect at a metal gig but I laughed anyway. I'm not their biggest fan though, but they were decent enough.

Lamb of God were amazing, I just wish they had more stage time. "Now You've Got Something To Die For" and "Redneck" were definite highlights of the night.

#135242 by Noodles
Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Caught Neurosis on their short mini-tour in Seattle. They were amazing. The sound quality was the best I've heard from a live band. I think it might have ruined a lot of live music for me because I don't think its possible for any band to do such a good job of recreating but improving on their studio material when they perform it live.

#135247 by Chris
Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 am
Noodles wrote:Caught Neurosis on their short mini-tour in Seattle. They were amazing. The sound quality was the best I've heard from a live band. I think it might have ruined a lot of live music for me because I don't think its possible for any band to do such a good job of recreating but improving on their studio material when they perform it live.

Oh, I envy you.

Can you post the setlist or at least name the songs you remember? And did they already play new stuff? As far as I know, the next album is already written - or at least for the most part - and "just" has to be recorded at the beginning of next year.

#135268 by Das Schuetzenfest
Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:05 am
Only six hours to go, then it's time for IRON MAIDEN, supported by an american band called "Boat, Rudder, Strange Mountain" and this beautiful being:

#135274 by Biert
Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:25 am
Since when do metalheads care about the looks of the musicians? :P

#135288 by HevyMinik
Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:54 pm
I was out on a mini-tour with 3 bands here in Denmark and one gig in Sweden.
One band rocked all the way, all dates: Lost Asylum...
The others, Process and Epicenter, both had 1 not so good day...