Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#195992 by SouvlakiSlowdive
Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:14 am
I like anything that's Trance really. I bought the Trance World album mixed by Aly & Fila awhile back, and it's amazing how pumped it gets me. I dunno, the unrelenting, and sometimes obnoxious :), beats always get me psyched.
#196136 by islandsinthesky
Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:24 am
SouvlakiSlowdive wrote:I like anything that's Trance really. I bought the Trance World album mixed by Aly & Fila awhile back, and it's amazing how pumped it gets me. I dunno, the unrelenting, and sometimes obnoxious :), beats always get me psyched.

Drum and Bass gets things kicking.

... Or jungle as we called it in the 90's.
#196158 by niklang
Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:11 am
Fast punk is a winner.
Or some crossover. Municipal Waste does it for me.
Or the Thundercats theme tune, makes me want to run everytime I hear it.
"Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats. hoooooooooo!"
[youtube]Y-sOaUAgbB4[/youtube][youtube][/youtube]
#196575 by psychotic
Sat May 02, 2009 11:29 pm
Buckethead - Jump Man
SYL - lots of stuff (Shitstorm, Happy Camper, SYL, In the Rainy Season, all of City, and anything else that brings as much energy)
Blue Meanies - Acceleration 5000
Black Label Society - Stronger Than Death
Crotchduster - Mammal Sauce
Faith No More - Ugly in the Morning
Lots of more aggressive black metal, grindcore, and death metal

There's a whole lot of stuff for me. I spend about 20 hours a week working out since I was given a workout program from a US Marine recruiter that I'm a friend with. He more set goals for me, which I have since met (18 minutes for 3 miles, 20 pull-ups, and I'm now at 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, but I build my workouts more around just building up), so I'm reaching for the top. I listen to a lot of music that is made for energy and motivation.
#196583 by Sam-I-Am
Sun May 03, 2009 3:04 am
Thanks for the tip about Velcra! I had never heard of them and quite like the sound. I normally don't like female lead vocals much...but can do this.
#196653 by Leechmaster
Sun May 03, 2009 5:35 pm
[youtube]-XBgXBvI8a0[/youtube]

On repeat, and LOUDLY.
#196661 by Deth Warmdover
Sun May 03, 2009 7:20 pm
Being into martial arts, I love hardcore training and working out. Years ago I saw a show about this cool punk gal in New York. She was into hard punk and metal and created this killer workout with your metal/punk gear on (boots leathers watever) and all the workout music was punk or metal. First tunes were abit slower and smooth, then it's frakin Heavy Death and thrash with lots of time changes then into more even timed stuff. and so on.
This is what I do for my soundtrack. When actually sparring or freefighting, agressive music makes for more agressive fighting spirit :) :twisted: ....which can sometimes be a bad thing if there's not a good ref. 8)
#196662 by fullgore
Sun May 03, 2009 8:31 pm
This is what I use...

Nine Inch Nails - the Broken EP, as well as some songs like Big Man With a Gun, Ruiner, etc.
Ministry - a large chunk of their discography
Meshuggah - DEI, mostly. But most of it works as well.
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine
Prong - Cleansing
The Mars Volta - mostly stuff off the first album, but stuff like Aberinkula and Wax Simulacra on "The Bedlam in Goliath" are great too. Even some songs off Frances (Cygnus for example)
Big Black - Songs About Fucking

Gamma Ray's "Land of the Free" is a pretty good one to use, too.
#196663 by fullgore
Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm
Leechmaster wrote:[youtube]-XBgXBvI8a0[/youtube]

On repeat, and LOUDLY.

Outkast is a good idea, I should try that. Gasoline et all should get the blood pumping.

I forget to mention, Dream Theater's "The Glass Prison" works and its a really easy playlist. Glass Prison a few times --- you're done your workout!!
#196784 by black_tooth_grin
Mon May 04, 2009 7:43 pm
I usually listen to something like Ayreon or Planet X to start me off slow, then I get into something more fast like HammerFall, Megadeth, Strapping Young Lad, Helloween, Grave Digger or Iron Maiden.

I tend to listen to anything when I'm walking or jogging.
#197071 by islandsinthesky
Wed May 06, 2009 9:47 am
Abydost wrote:Black Sun Empire - Driving Insane perhaps.

This is awesome not just for working out, but for anytime. I'll be using it today.
#253493 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 am
For me, I find Immortal's At The Heart of Winter great for a power-walk. Withstand The Fall of Time alone gets me moving quickly and purposefully, but without being too laborious. So there's a thought.