Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#253500 by Helge-Uwe
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 am
some wonderful recommendations here... especially Immortal and - above all - Ministry! the rhythm machine :!:
#253508 by GuyOne
Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 am
I always listen to metal when I am working out or running. I tried so many times to listen to Meshuggah as they are one of my favorites but I just cannot do it because it is so hard to keep rhythm. I find that the best are the most upbeat bands. Kalmah is awesome, Survivors Zero another great one. Hypocrisy's Virus and Children of Bodom's Hate Crew Deathroll are excellent as well. Naturally I have Addicted in the mix. It is just that good for exercising. 8)
#253513 by GuyOne
Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 am
You bet man. I Nordic walk almost every day except in the winter. This time of year I usually go for walks in the evening or do workouts at home and stationary bike... man that is boring.
#253524 by Octillus
Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:58 am
Honestly, Judas Priest and Megadeth for working out. Running can be pretty much anything as long as it's uptempo, but if it's just working out, anything riff oriented and fist pumping usually works for me.
#253537 by mrbean667
Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm
Here are a few bands which are good at firing me up when I exercise...

For weights:
Meshuggah
SYL
Fear Factory
Anything loud and manly

For cardio:
Heavy Dream Theater (Glass Prison etc)
Meshuggah
Anything with a consistent, strong beat
#253544 by daneulephus
Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:54 am
Believe it or not my fave is Celtic Frost- Morbid Tales. Always keeps me in a good mood because I can't stop laughing at Tom Warrior's charisma. RRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! UHHH!!! lol
#253550 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:48 am
daneulephus wrote:Believe it or not my fave is Celtic Frost- Morbid Tales. Always keeps me in a good mood because I can't stop laughing at Tom Warrior's charisma. RRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! UHHH!!! lol

Same, but with To Mega Therion.

Maiden's Powerslave might be good for jogging.
#253689 by fragility
Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:04 am
Given that I'm mostly a tech/prog metal fan, this is always a tough one for me as you generally want something in 4/4 and at a pretty fast pace, which is not a combination I tend to listen to that much(I find I tend to exercise to the pace of the music and given my natural tendency towards clumsiness, I could do myself a mischief with some polyrhythmic madness!)
#253700 by Tonya Elf
Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 pm
I am incredibly impressed at the number of people who exercise here! I work in health care and maybe I'll just have to do a study some day on how awesome this community is (no stereotypical lazy, slobby metal-heads here! Unless you are, of course, and that is okay too). I am a terrible runner but do yoga and ballet, especially in the winter time to avoid the icy streets. I have found that Ki is an exceptional album for both activities, and cannot wait to hear Ghost because I think it will fit right in.
#253778 by GuyOne
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 pm
I too work in health care and while I was studying I sat through endless hours of healthy living education and it really turned a stone for me.

I try to Nordic walk for one hour 3-5 times a week plus I walk 2.2 km to work (4.4 km in total, takes up 42 mins of the winter day). During these winter months, especially now that we have some 40 cm of snow and ice everywhere, I have a stationary bicycle I can ride, I practice yoga to keep my body loose and I have the ever so pleasant Wii Fit Plus.

While in Canada I played hockey for 6 years as a child and lacrosse for 20 years. Sadly I don't play any sports these days unless you count World of Warcraft raiding as a sport. :D