Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#195679 by islandsinthesky
Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:48 pm
Hey guys, I've been needing some stuff to run to. I prefer optimistic sounding stuff, but heavy and it needs to "roll" (like constantly move or jump around). A great example of a song I love running to is "Depth Charge", but I'm looking for some other stuff. Throw some suggestions at me, please.
#195682 by islandsinthesky
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:00 pm
Abydost wrote:WE RIDE! And pretty much everything by SYL? :P I don't listen to music when I work out but I guess I should try it out... But it's hard to recommend without knowing what you like D:

Yeah, got everything Devin already. Basically if the riff is constantly moving like the one in Depth Charge.

But I'll give a few more examples:

Edguy - Mysteria
Mindflow - most songs off Destructive Device
Abingdon Boys School - Desire

You can probably get the idea of what I mean by "rolling riff" from those songs.
#195734 by ElectricRed
Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 am
I usually don't listen to metal when I'm working out.. I prefer electronic stuff like Pendulum, Psyclon Nine and Prodigy.
#195764 by swervedriver
Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:29 am
I have a bunch of music from various racing games I like(d) to play, like the NFS3: Hot Pursuit soundtrack or various songs from FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage. Some really energetic stuff in there, perhaps something to look out for. I think I'd find that good music if I ever were to exercise. :P
#195768 by The Oid
Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 am
Comedy option: Meshuggah
Trying to keep up with crazy time signatures while running is the way forward.

Seriously though, if I weren't a lazy fat bastard I'd probably work out to electronic stuff like Cubanate, or maybe some gabber, as I think there's more energy in the constant kick drum that goes with that style.
#195803 by islandsinthesky
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am
These are all great replies, and Velcra, Pendulum, and the NFS and Flatout soundtracks are working really well. Thanks all. Keep up the suggestions, though.

Also dude, don't underestimate meshuggah. They work. See if Shed doesn't make you want to move.
#195845 by Kivenkantaja
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:01 pm
I'd keep things simple and metal. Therefore:

[youtube]BoGW5odOnvM[/youtube]

[youtube]zCc_jLctZkA[/youtube]
#195852 by Keeker
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:42 pm
Jaggra wrote:80's dance music.
Yes, I use some of this, electronic synthpop, anything repetitive and driven, but I also have a 70s punk track or two in the mix and T.Rex's "I love to Boogie" is just too good!.... tendency to stop and dance in the middle of the road for that one though.

I reserve the heavier stuff for weight training.