Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#266416 by daneulephus
Thu May 12, 2011 5:12 am
ctfod wrote:
CutManMetal wrote:What's wrong with Perseverance?

You know what was a good early album? Leprosy.

Bad riffs, worse songwriting, and vocals all gone to shit. On earlier Death albums there was that feeling of unpredictability, but there were always the heavy, demented riffs.

It may as well have been a Control Denied album, anyway.

Agreed. I didn't really feel this album at all.
#266429 by Taskusorsa
Thu May 12, 2011 6:33 am
SCREAM BLOODY GORE
#266477 by CutManMetal
Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 am
Taskusorsa, I have Zero Tolerance for your Empty Words, your all caps post does not go Without Judgment. I feel your post is due to a Lack of Comprehension, and if you'd just join the other members of this forum, Together as One, we would See Through Dreams.

Then again, maybe I have an Overactive Imagination and I'm the one who is Mentally Blind. It all comes down to Individual Thought Patterns, after all.

(I actually have no issue with your post, Taskusorsa. I just wanted to do that and decided to bounce off of your post as a platform. :P )
#271339 by Cosmic Sea
Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:35 am
Amazing band! Oh why is that all the good ones tend to have to go so young? :(

ctfod wrote:
CutManMetal wrote:What's wrong with Perseverance?

You know what was a good early album? Leprosy.

Bad riffs, worse songwriting, and vocals all gone to shit. On earlier Death albums there was that feeling of unpredictability, but there were always the heavy, demented riffs.

It may as well have been a Control Denied album, anyway.

Wasn't it supposed to have been a non-Death record in the first place, the record company persuading Chuck to release it as a Death album? I think I read something along those lines somewhere, I could be mistaken though.

Interesting. I love TSOP but haven't been able to connect properly with the Control Denied album yet. But I can't quite pinpoint the reason why... :|

Btw, what are you thoughts on the newly remastered Death albums?
So far, with the bonus materials being mostly demo versions & different instrumental tracks plus the production on the original being more than adequate, I haven't been that thrilled about the idea of buying the same albums again. But Human, that's the bugger I'll be getting! There's been some samples posted online and you can finally hear Steve DiGiorgio's bass from amidst the rest of the instruments! 8)
With that one fixed, our prayers, pleas and whines can be focused on getting a remaster of ...And Justice For All that does justice to Mr. Newsted. :P
#273572 by stubear280
Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:48 pm
Death, in a way, is what got me into Devin Townsend. I heard Symbolic and the drums just blew me away. Crystal Mountains is the craziest metal drumming I've heard, so I fell in love with Gene's playing. I few months later, I was flipping through Music Choice and heard You Suck. I dug it, so I looked up SYL. I noticed Gene was in SYL, so I looked deeper. Then eventually that lead to me loving Dev's work!!

If it weren't for Death, I may not have discovered Dev, so Go Death! Symbolic is still one of the best metal albums around. I love Chuck's lyrics,they're much deeper than most lyrics in metal.
#273573 by mrbean667
Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 am
Sound of Perseverance is such a monumental album. From the opening hammer on the head that is Scavenger to the final notes of Painkiller, everything fits perfectly.

It is amazing how Death had so many influential musicians during its life. Chuck, Paul, Gene, Steve... all these men pioneered metal.