Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#253591 by vt1100
Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm
Star One - Victims of the Modern Age
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Iron Maiden - Final Frontier

Newly discovered stuff Symphony X and their latest three studio albums, very nice stuff indeed and Russell Allen is just awesome (also in Star One). Got also all three albums of Allen - Lande, just for the very reason that I like Allen's voice. Some decent songs but after all bit too sweet for my taste.

Others worth mentioning Mokoma - Sydänjuuret and Amorphis - Magic&Mayhem.

2011 I'm looking forward Devin's Deconstruction and Ghost, new Opeth and hopefully new Symphony X.
#253595 by mrbean667
Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:39 pm
2011 is going to rule. New Dev, Dream Theater, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Amon Amarth, and the rest!
#253602 by Persuader
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 am
Soilwork - The panic broadcast
Nevermore - The obsidian conspiracy
Fear factory - Mechanize
Blind guardian - At the edge of time
Kvelertak - S/T
#253603 by Aden
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 am
I've fallen right off the Dream Theater boat over the last few months. Not sure why... but every time I think of them now, I cringe. I've bought (almost) all of their albums... but each time I scroll down my iTunes, I quickly increase my rate of scrolling and go straight past them every time. I think it's got something to do with my housemate being OBSESSED, overplaying them, making them irritating. I used to ignore/not mind LaBrie's voice too... now I can't stand it.

I'd never really noticed how few albums there were that were buy worthy for me this year actually. I wondered why I hadn't bought a CD in too long, and why I massively struggled to write a christmas list for my family this year when they asked for one.

Oh wait, Hate - Erebos.

I haven't heard it yet though. SOMEHOW, I didn't even notice it getting released! (shame on me, they're one of my favourite death metal bands... :oops: ) - But I'm buying it AS SOON AS I get some dollah. (Monday, hopefully).

Also gonna get the Behemoth DVD, and I might as well get the latest Opeth live DVD, and some Aborted stuff (These are things I wanted to put on my christmas list, but didn't think they'd be family-suitable, of which my family includes my mother who is christian). Need to get the latest Rhapsody of Fire stuff too, just for the sake of them being my favourite band once back when I was a spud.
#253608 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:00 am
Alter Bridge - III
Cloudkicker - Beacons / A New Heavenly Body
Fear Factory - Mechanize
Lunatic Soul - II
Rush - Caravan/BU2B single

...I think that's it.
#253610 by djskrimp
Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 am
No particular order.

Mnemic "Sons of the System"
Anathema "We're Here Because We're Here"
Lyzanxia "Locust"
Soilwork "The Panic Broadcast"
Raunchy "A Discord Electric"
Periphery "Periphery"
TesseracT "Concealing Fate (EP)"
Klone "Black Days"
Filter "The Trouble With Angels"
Cloudkicker "Beacons"
#253629 by Mojo
Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 am
In no particular order:

Dirty Little Rabbits
Sleigh Bells 'Treats'
Oceansize 'Self preserved...'
Magnetic Man
Social Network Soundtrack
Black Mountain 'Wilderness Heart'
Deftones 'Diamond Eyes'
Slash
Fear Factory 'Mechanize'
Young Gods 'Everybody Knows'
#253636 by Maiko.
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:00 pm
Ummm...
Linkin Park - A thousand suns
Serj Tankian - Imperfect Harmonies
Papa Roach - Time for annihilation
Jon LaJoie - I Kill People
Tim Minchin - Ready for this?
Eminem - Recovery
:roll:
#253645 by Tyroshai
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 pm
Maiko. wrote:Tim Minchin - Ready for this?

Also this. :D
#253667 by Abydost
Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 am
daneulephus wrote:
Abydost wrote:So much metal D:

Hey you liked metal once too.

Oh I still do. I just can't imagine staying in one main genre anymore. Although almost everything I listened to during Christmas was Bloodbath and Vital Remains, lul.
#253671 by GuyOne
Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm
My greatest find of 2010 was an album that came out in September 2009. Survivors Zero's CMXCIX. Absolutely killer death metal that would even give Hypocrisy a run for their money. Which I mention in this post because they are very similar except that Hypocrisy has been more melodic recently while Survivors Zero is much more death metal.

I also wouldn't have taken interest in Survivors Zero if I didn't see them at Tuska Festival... which I was at because of Devin. :D