Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#257012 by GuyOne
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:36 pm
aleksi wrote:Moonsorrow - Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa

np. tähdetön. :guitar:

Mä just huomasin :D
#257013 by GuyOne
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:39 pm
Oh and here is an update from.... Amorphis! 8)

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_c ... s_id=13069
Mark Gromen from BW&BK wrote the following special road report, revealing more details regarding Amorphis' upcoming new album, scheduled for a May 27th release through Nuclear Blast.

"In Sonic Pump Studios, on the outskirts of Helsinki, Amorphis premiered their latest twelve track opus for an assemblage of foreign journalists, as well as homegrown fans. Even the album artwork is still in transition, as an egg hovers in the clouds above a groove of snow covered pine trees, the familiar arched Hammer Of Thor symbol is crudely depicted on the shell. Neither label reps, nor management had heard the album prior to the listening session! Bold move.

The still unmastered disc, rumored to go under the title of Beginning Of Time (the last song on the album) will be finalized within the coming week.

Tracklisting (running order still subject to change): "Mermaid", "My Enemy", "You I Need", "Battle For Light", "Three Words", "On A Stranded Shore", "Escape", "Reformation", "Soothsayer", "Song Of The Sage", "Crack In A Stone" and "Beginning Of Time".

The songs feature plenty of death vocals from Tomi Joutsen, as well a couple of new wrinkles."

That last line is pleasing. I am really hoping that the band took influence from their recording sessions for the compilation album that was released last year and incorporate more of those elements with Skyforger. Honestly it would probably be their best release ever. Better than Tales..., Eclipse AND Skyforger. Imagine that.
#257014 by aleksi
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 pm
GuyOne wrote:Oh and here is an update from.... Amorphis! 8)
k.

That last line is pleasing. I am really hoping that the band took influence from their recording sessions for the compilation album that was released last year and incorporate more of those elements with Skyforger. Honestly it would probably be their best release ever. Better than Tales..., Eclipse AND Skyforger. Imagine that.

Pitääkö nyt sanoa ditto vai mikä on oikee termi :D This will be a great year.
#257113 by GuyOne
Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 am
Alestorm recently posted that their new album is complete and should be released in May. I loves me some pirate metal. :D

Also Sarke announced that the new album will be released on April 15th. Holy fuck! Didn't see that coming! Sarke is Thomas Berglie's side-project with Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone on vocals. The debut album was fucking killer so I would expect this to be just as good. Instant purchase on vinyl.
#257183 by Jaglavak
Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:24 am
Aside from Deconstruction, Ghost and Ghost 2/Dark Ghost... I'm looking forward to the following:

-TBA Opeth
-TBA Dream Theater (if only to see how things have changed now that Portnoy's gone)
-TBA Sigur Ros (they're going to be returning to the studio this spring)
-TBA Dillinger Escape Plan (either gonna be an EP this year, or an album in time for next year)
-TBA Steven Wilson (second solo album)
-TBA Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerdelt (Storm Corrosion!)
-TBA Ihsahn (he's writing for his fourth solo record, supposedly)
-TBA Meshuggah
-TBA Mars Volta
-The Wars of the Roses (Ulver)
-Chuckes and Mr. Squeezy (dredg)

...and I'm sure there's others I've forgotten, but I can't remember. As for what'll be the best? Time will tell... :D
#257186 by Negoba
Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:24 am
Grayceon's ALL WE DESTROY is being release 3-1-2011.

it's an avant/post metal group featuring the awesome jackie perez gratz on vocals and cello (yes cello is the major lead instrument).

What I've heard is quite good, and their last album was really good.

gratz played on the last Giant Squid album, and the bands have a somewhat similar sound, though I like Grayceon better.
#257231 by Leechmaster
Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 pm
Jaglavak wrote:-TBA Sigur Ros (they're going to be returning to the studio this spring)

Did not know this. Excellent news!
#257251 by djskrimp
Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 am
Jaglavak wrote:Aside from Deconstruction, Ghost and Ghost 2/Dark Ghost... I'm looking forward to the following:
]
-TBA Dream Theater (if only to see how things have changed now that Portnoy's gone)
-

Change? None. The Bloat of LaBrie will ensure that.
#257257 by mrbean667
Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:48 am
Bahahaha, so true!

DT will never stay afloat without Mike, as he was the source of creative inspiration, both lyrically and musically. Now it's only Petrucci who really writes from the heart. Everyone else has all the technical and virtuosic aspects down, but that's pretty much it.
The loss of Portnoy means the loss of all ties with prog music (Rush, Floyd etc), and a move towards the more 'metal' side of the band, which has only been exacerbated by Roadrunner.

/rant.
#257291 by BlueRaja
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:42 am
LaBrie is good on his solo albums, Mullmuzzler, or even Ayreon, because the music is more suited for his voice. It's not necessarily suited for metal.

Blah. I have so many opinions regarding DT that I can't express them all in one post. They're all jumbled up in frustration. :lol:

I MISS KEVEN MOORE. There.