Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#254182 by daneulephus
Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:23 am
Abydost wrote:I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GHOST AND DECONSTRUCTION LOL

No, but really. Omega Experiment EP, a new Opeth and Porcupine from what I've heard. And stuff. I don't pay attention anymore, I'm dead.

D'awwwwwww :)
#254184 by GuyOne
Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 am
And to keep things rolling Arch Enemy announced the title of their new album: "Khaos Legions". Errr... sounds like the name of an American metalcore band. Hopefully it is just as good as the last three albums.
#254189 by swervedriver
Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 am
I'll just keep an eye on what you guys are listening to. I have no idea what's coming this year. :)

Except Dev of course. And Rush.
#254190 by Tyroshai
Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 am
swervedriver wrote:I'll just keep an eye on what you guys are listening to. I have no idea what's coming this year. :)

Except Dev of course. And Rush.

Apparently there's a weird Dutch band with a daft monkey name who are supposed to be releasing something this year, so I've heard. :P

Apart from that I'm looking forward to new stuff from:

Rush.
REM.
Dev.
Ghost.
Primordial.
TesseracT.
Amorphis.
And tonnes more I've currently forgotten.
#254230 by Wosko
Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 pm
Dan I saw the vid you posted of your band I have to say I genuinely like this :D

Also DECONSTRUCTIOOOOOON
#254249 by vt1100
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 am
Obviously Ghost and Deconstruction, but also new Opeth and hopefully new Symphony X. And that shit alone is going to keep this puppy happy for some time...
#254854 by Pink Floyd
Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 am
Origin, Gorguts, Ulcerate, Obscura, Ontogeny, The Faceless, Anomalous, Decapitated, Odious Mortem, Spawn Of Possession, Psycroptic, Anata, Meshuggah, Animations, Orgone, Krallice, NewBreed, Ketha, Callisto, Cerebrum, Cynthesis, Dim Mak, Baring Teeth, Ex Deo, Santuary, Voivod, Vektor, Animals As Leaders, Scale the Summit, Sun Caged, Mastodon, Candlemass, City Of Fire, The Tangent, Tesseract, Tombs, O.S.I., Down, Electro Quarterstaff, Long Distance Calling, Arch / Matheos, Blotted Science (EP), Gojira (EP), Pelican (EP), Sleep Terror (EP), Rush, Cynic, Devin Townsend's Deconstruction.

I've still been waiting since last year for new Moonspell, Fates Warning, and Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects II.

Other bands who are currently working on their forthcoming album AND might release in 2011:

TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Watchtower, Serdce, Cult of Luna, Atmosfear, Hacride, Terminal Function, Viraemia, Tandjent, Continuo Renacer, Radiohead, Russian Circles, Big Wreck, Car Bomb, Genghis Tron, Coprofago, Behold... The Arctopus, Fleshgod Apocalypse.

DVDs:

Pink Floyd's The Wall tour from 1980-81
Roger Waters' The Wall tour from 2010-11
King Dimond and Mercyful Fate live DVDs
#254886 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:41 pm
New Deicide sounds like it might be good. Less muddy than their last album, anyway.
I just hope if they announce an Australian tour they don't renege on it like last time.
#254898 by mrbean667
Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm
Argh! Don't get me started on Deicide!

I was so psyched for their tour, and twice they fucked my up the ass by saying "Yeah, no thanks."
#254900 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:43 pm
I'm may take the advice of a RRR regular and not buy a ticket until they land in the country.
#254904 by GuyOne
Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 pm
The new Burzum album is just as good as the last one. That is really all that needs to be said. It sounds quite similar though the drums have been pushed back in the mix and the guitars have much more treble. The "ambient" track which is actually an instrumental piece has a very oriental tone to it and was actually quite a surprise. Something I wasn't expecting from a man who celebrates the heritage of the white people though I could imagine some kind of explanation for that. I don't think Varg has done any interviews recently and I am sure someone out there has to ask a question about that track. But overall a really good album and I'll be spinning it plenty of times in the near future.
#255024 by sarai-chan
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 am
Rossell wrote:
mrbean667 wrote:Meshuggah
Amon Amarth
Opeth
Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree
Ayreon

And of course, Decon and Ghost!

This practically.

New Cavalera Conspiracy album is due shortly also.

Well said, both of you!

I exclude DT from my list, but what, NEW AYREON!?!
NEW EVERYTHING ELSE?!
PLUS ALL THE DEV STUFF!?

Incredible goodness for the whole year.
This is going to be awesome.

I have only one thing to add;
Before The Dawn's newest will be released soon (if it's not already out) and that is something I hope to move me.
At least the waiting moves me :D
#255050 by arkturus
Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:18 am
mrbean667 wrote:Meshuggah
Amon Amarth
Opeth
Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree
Ayreon

And of course, Decon and Ghost!

Wow, it sure sounds like 2011 is going to be fantastic. I recently got into Ayreon and I've only heard The Human Equation. Should I just grab everything else? Also, any idea on who the new drummer of Dream Theater is going to be?
#255058 by BlueRaja
Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 pm
arkturus wrote:Wow, it sure sounds like 2011 is going to be fantastic. I recently got into Ayreon and I've only heard The Human Equation. Should I just grab everything else? Also, any idea on who the new drummer of Dream Theater is going to be?

They haven't made an official announcement yet.