Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#257277 by catharsis
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 am
don't know if any of you are fans but they are one of my favorite bands and i thought some of you will probably be into them. anyway, just found out today that they broke up after being together for 12 years. very sad news.
#257279 by EphelDuath666
Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 am
uh oh...that'll break Biert's heart! Cool band...I've seen them live with Porcupine Tree several years ago. Too bad...
#257281 by Aden
Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 am
lol damn... literally just got into them last week. Well, I bought their latest album and liked it...

Maybe it was my fault? :P
Last edited by Aden on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
#257282 by swervedriver
Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 am
Is it a proper break or is just one of them leaving the band (as in, someone that may be replaced at a later time)? I like the band, although I don't really follow the news around them.
#257284 by Leechmaster
Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:52 am
"An explanation for this occurrence is neither forthcoming or indeed necessary."

Doesn't sound great... They might have just gotten sick of one another. I never got into them, despite the best efforts of Biert on many occasions. He shall not be a happy camper. :lol:
#257286 by catharsis
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:uh oh...that'll break Biert's heart! Cool band...I've seen them live with Porcupine Tree several years ago. Too bad...

ugh, that sounds like my dream concert. never got to see oceansize live as i'm almost positive they've never been to the US. i hate to say it, but i think it's pretty shitty of them to say an explanation is neither forthcoming or necessary. i've read the forum occassionally and they seem to post there and interact w/ the fans, and they don't think we deserve an explanation after coming from a very successful 10 year anniversary, new EP, new studio, killer new album, cover song on a tribute album, and then to all of a sudden drop dead?
#257290 by Tyroshai
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 am
aleksi wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:uh oh...that'll break Biert's heart!

We are never going to hear from him again...

It's a shit day to be Biert, that's for certain. He's also crying over the news that Two and a Half Men being cancelled for the remainder of the season.
Bless his little cotton knickers. :P
#257292 by BenRaah
Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am
Oceansize are my favourite band, needless to say I'm pretty gutted. Thankful I got to see them live though.

And yeah, it's a proper breakup. They don't do things by halves.
#257295 by Lauri
Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:31 am
Where is Biert? I hope he hasn't hanged himself yet.
#257304 by EphelDuath666
Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm
Tyroshai wrote:He's also crying over the news that Two and a Half Men being cancelled for the remainder of the season.

that makes us two actually :P
#257323 by Malikarcanum
Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:28 am
Aden wrote:lol damn... literally just got into them last week.

Same for me. Also it's kinda fucked up that they won't even say why.
#257331 by Billy Rhomboid
Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 am
Malikarcanum wrote:
Aden wrote:lol damn... literally just got into them last week.

Same for me. Also it's kinda fucked up that they won't even say why.

Yes! the world deserves an answer Goddam it! How dare they split up without justifying it to the interweb?

What has happened to Biert anyway? Is his disappearance and Sab's in some way connected? Have they moved to Liechtenstein together to open an antiques shop and enjoy sarcastic manlove?