Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#257346 by Aden
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:36 am
A new thing has emerged on facebook; the 30 Day Song Challenge.

Day 2 is "Your least favourite song", which I've been stuck on trying to think of what it is for a few days now. It made me think "Is there actually a song out there that makes me genuinely angry at how bad it is?". I'm not sure if I've become too 'every song/genre has a reason for being', 'It's not for me but who cares if others love it' etc. - leaving me without a clue what to post for my Day 2. I know I used to hate certain songs/bands/genre's, but now I'm too hippie to let it bother me.

But it gave me the idea for this thread. Just post songs that you hate, or ones that make you facepalm etc. (YouTube vids or just links to wherever) for the sake of our entertainment (or, perhaps just to exercise the anger emotion within us).
#257352 by Lettuce
Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm
It's mostly the video...but the song is pretty awful:

[youtube]pOf3kYtwASo[/youtube]

And anything by Arcade Fire and the White Stripes. I can't even bring myself to link them they make me wanna kill myself.
#257363 by mrbean667
Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 pm
Jay Sean- Down
Kings of Leon- Sex on Fire
Kesha- Tik Tok

So many others.
#257366 by Octillus
Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 pm
See, I have no issues with pop because there's absolutely no pretense about what it is.

Mainstream rap is a joke, and so I kinda have issues with it, but i also know I'm not the intended audience. The current state of R&B makes me want to cry, because old school R&B is amazing.

That said, I really can't stand most metal made in the last 5 years or so. I find nothing appealing to the hyper technical without soul garbage that my housemates and pretty much everyone else I talk to who are really into heavy shit like. It annoys me to no end, because honestly the shows I liked to go to just don't exist anymore.

Maybe I'm just becoming an old man far, far too early.
#257380 by Pik_Nick'92
Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:01 am
I haven't really been a big hater for songs lataly but I hate, and I mean hate, Adam Lamberts "Whataya want from me". Honestly, any song of his that includes him singing his range to a pitch where it sounds like a girl just puts me off.

Also, I know I'm pure Australian, but I can't stand most songs from Midnight Oil at all. Its mostly Peter Garretts singing.
He sounds like he's trying to puke. So then your just left with this weird yelling voice that somehow has some notes in it.
Last edited by Pik_Nick'92 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
#257381 by Billy Rhomboid
Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:02 am
Octillus wrote:See, I have no issues with pop because there's absolutely no pretense about what it is.

Mainstream rap is a joke, and so I kinda have issues with it, but i also know I'm not the intended audience. The current state of R&B makes me want to cry, because old school R&B is amazing.

That said, I really can't stand most metal made in the last 5 years or so. I find nothing appealing to the hyper technical without soul garbage that my housemates and pretty much everyone else I talk to who are really into heavy shit like. It annoys me to no end, because honestly the shows I liked to go to just don't exist anymore.

Maybe I'm just becoming an old man far, far too early.

I knew you were a fine chap.
#257382 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:06 am
I do not care for pop or hip-hop, but what I really hate is when other people sing it worse than their original incarnations - especially of Lady Gaga; I consider it ear rape.
#257385 by mrbean667
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:02 am
Anything written by someone other than its artist, anything with autotune, anything which sexualises little kids, anything with THAT 4 chord progression.

So anything on the radio :wink:
#257390 by Aden
Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:06 am
I've always really disliked over exaggerated American accents in singing, especially when the band is from somewhere other than the USA. It just sounds too feminine/unmanly.
(I know I'm not exactly the most manly of men, but still...)

Makes my balls shrink up and whatever testosterone levels I have deplete at an alarming rate.

Bullet For My Valentine are pretty annoying for doing it. I also heard that they once said something like "We're gonna be the next Iron Maiden", or was that Trivium?