Keep your spirits high and your demons low
#325482 by iceblink
Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:50 pm
I've got the deluxe with the extra disc and i think both are great.[I just ordered the t.shirt too.]
I've had it 3 or 4 days so lots of the hooks and melodies seem to be playing in my head a lot of the time when i'm doing something else.
The first song that i got into first was Canucklehead, I love the song. So over the next month i'll be totally immersed in the album.
#325484 by swervedriver
Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:19 am
I haven't dug into the bonus disc yet, but I like the main album quite a lot. The combo of "Stormbending", "Failure", "Secret Sciences" and "Higher" in particular does many things right. :) For me, after that the momentum peters out. I haven't decided yet whether I like the keyboard hooks of "Offer Your Light" or if they're driving me insane. :lol:

I get why "Truth" is on here, and that it was re-recorded to at least fit sonically, but it feels like a slimmed-down version of Infinity's. Still, those following 4 songs easily set this album apart from the others, where the recent efforts of Epicloud and Z2 have all started blending together in my head.

Looking forward to checking out the bonus disc soon. :)
#325601 by KeasbyNights
Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:27 pm
I haven't been on in ages, I know, and I will offer my opinion on the new album, but I just wanna point out in case anyone wasn't sure, I'm the guy with the purple squid hat and drawing made for the band in the Daily vlog episode "The Chard". I can't remember which number it is. :)
#325646 by RAIN
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:39 am
mymomlikesdogs wrote:Personally I found it much more interesting than the main album. Not that the main album is bad, it's just not Dev's best effort, imo.

Exactly how I feel. Disc 2 is far better overall as an album to these ears. That said, Stormbending, Higher, and especially Secret Sciences are perfect Dev songs.
#325647 by Allyouareisallyouare
Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:28 pm
KeasbyNights wrote:I haven't been on in ages, I know, and I will offer my opinion on the new album, but I just wanna point out in case anyone wasn't sure, I'm the guy with the purple squid hat and drawing made for the band in the Daily vlog episode "The Chard". I can't remember which number it is. :)

Congratulations man, you made it to the blogs!! :guitar:
#325656 by djskrimp
Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 pm
I see everyone's points about what they think of the album, but I have to say that, for me, Dev's vocals are the most assured, confident, and on task as I've ever heard him sing. His choices for vocal melodies are so damn on point. It's nuanced, and at first blush is seems like "the same ol' Dev", but there's just something unmistakeably right about the vocals on this album. I don't like every song a great deal, but the ones I do I think are absolutely stellar.
#325657 by vaijuju
Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:31 pm
With the first CD , during a few days i listened the song Transcendence again and again , i love this song !
With the 2nd , it's Farther on !
#325710 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:26 am
I'm starting to wonder about top 10 lists for this year and where this album sits.
Comfortably in the top half but where exactly has still yet to be determined.
#325745 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:32 am
Totally looking forward to seeing some of these songs live in May. One of the few things in 2017 I'm excited about.
#325746 by EphelDuath666
Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:28 am
I'm still listening to this album on a daily basis and am still enjoying the hell out of it! :-)
#325747 by djskrimp
Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:14 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:I'm still listening to this album on a daily basis and am still enjoying the hell out of it! :-)

Albums released in 2016 by The Dear Hunter, Black Crown Initiate, Frost*, Gojira, Westfield Massacre, and Dev are on constant rotation. So damn good.
#325829 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 am
Still thinking of the upcoming show. I wonder how many and which songs from the album will make the live set.
Stormbending for sure, though I certainly hope to see Secret Sciences.
#325830 by Victimlas
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Still thinking of the upcoming show. I wonder how many and which songs from the album will make the live set.
Stormbending for sure, though I certainly hope to see Secret Sciences.

Secret Sciences was SO awesome live! Don't know why it's not played more.
#325874 by Bookwyrm83
Wed May 24, 2017 6:03 am
Just came from the Melbourne show tonight.
No Secret Sciences as hoped but plenty of other Transcendence tracks. Bit of a chill and somber mood tonight, but still plenty of fun was had. Absolutely worth the wait.