Keep your spirits high and your demons low
#325308 by Morill
Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:25 am
Quick update:
It's day three and I'm addicted to Failure. Half of the YT views is mine.
The production and mixing feels like a completely new era for Dev, for me it's something like: take Epicloud, let it flow but keep it accurate and selective, emphasize only the best-of-the-best sounding tracks, done.

BTW, there are already guys recording covers on YT.
#325309 by JuZ
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:44 am
ppinkham wrote:From Loudwire:

The Devin Townsend Project Unveil ‘Failure’ From Upcoming Album ‘Transcendence’
By Graham Hartmann August 5, 2016 12:37 PM

Hevy Devy is back! The Devin Townsend Project have just revealed the fresh track “Failure” from their upcoming full-length, Transcendence.
Transcendence will be Devin Townsend’s 18th album, and that’s not even counting his work with Strapping Young Lad! The incredibly prolific musician released the heavily anticipated Ziltoid sequel, Z2, in 2014 – just months after delving into country territory with Casualties of Cool.

“Transcendence, like every record I’ve done prior, is an extension of what’s been going on in my world, represented in a new batch of songs,” says Townsend. “I’m 44 years old now, and this is where I have been over the past two years since Z2. The result of this process is a record that I truly think the intention of is special. I ‘found’ gas to put into the tank and am glad I did. I think the intention, the theme, and the participation of everyone involved allows this album to act like a fulcrum between the past few years and what I intend to do next with the symphony. I am very proud of it and everyone involved.”

“Failure” is now being eagerly devoured by Devin Townsend fans, who are hardcore by any standard. Devin’s uplifting vocals are joined by those of an operatic female singer, adding extra dimension to “Failure.”

Transcendence will be released on Sept. 2 via Townsend’s own HevyDevy label. Fans can pre-order the new album in CD and vinyl bundles, some of which even come with their own incense sticks.

Ummm...

You know you're reaching new heights with your vocals when a writer thinks you brought in a female opera singer!

Amazing how Devin is still becoming a better vocalist than ever at 44 years of age.

My favourite part of the song too. Just beautiful.
#325317 by HevyMinik
Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:23 am
So, how many versions of 'Transcendence' exist? I ordered the Japanese Limited Edition with 3 Japan only bonus tracks from cdjapan.com, but I am not sure what else to order.

And thinking of 'Failure' am I the only one thinking of 'Planet of the Apes' during the intro-riff?
#325318 by Boerbel
Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:38 am
Here we go:

1 CD
2 CD
-
1 CD with 3 Bonustracks (Japan)
2 CD with 3 Bonustracks (best choice)

Double Gatefold Vinyl (contains 2 of the CD2 Tracks) in:
-Black
-Transparent blue
-Transparent red
-Transparent clear
-Silver
-Gold
-Transparent orange
-Picture Disc

And yeah @Failure. ;-)
#325320 by static2
Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:55 pm
HevyMinik wrote:And thinking of 'Failure' am I the only one thinking of 'Planet of the Apes' during the intro-riff?

I guess he aped his own riff.
#325321 by Shevanel
Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:48 pm
HevyMinik wrote:And thinking of 'Failure' am I the only one thinking of 'Planet of the Apes' during the intro-riff?

It really rips off Meshuggah.
#325322 by HevyMinik
Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:20 pm
Shevanel wrote:It really rips off Meshuggah.

Don't we all? :wink:
#325323 by hog
Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:23 am
New song out tomorrow :)
#325324 by iguanaofdoom
Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:32 am
So... Secret Sciences is out on Spotify. It sounds like something from Terria. I'm loving it, and it's got a fantastic chorus.
#325325 by hog
Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:21 am
iguanaofdoom wrote:So... Secret Sciences is out on Spotify. It sounds like something from Terria. I'm loving it, and it's got a fantastic chorus.

Can't find it on Spotify. :(
#325328 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:06 pm
another great one. Sooooooo, think it's safe to say this will be a really sweet album. Yay! Also....for a dude that said he can't write solos anymore he sure puts quite a few into his songs! There's one in both of the songs that have been released so far. And it's really good solos too! And the sound of the drums...pretty darn sweet!
#325329 by NamasteLikeBender
Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 pm
Am I the only one who finds too much resemblance to Frozen's big song in the chorus to Secret Sciences?

Regardless, this one is growing on me, although Anneke may as well not even be on this song.
#325330 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:34 am
I'm guessing that chorus choice is deliberate.

By coincidence, I'm wearing my Terria shirt right now. This song gives me the feeling that I had the first time I listened to that album.
Plus I like Anneke here, even if she's not all that prominent.