You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#119867 by VelvetKevorkian429
Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:30 am
does anyone get a Terria feel when they listen to Notes From Africa? it being a 'demo' song from the Terria album era and all
I honestly don't really feel it. I think I know why it was never put on the album. It really is more Synchestra like (although I don't know what I would call it in the time Synchestra wasn't out if i heard it)
But when you listen to the song, could you imagine it being on Terria if actually made on to the album
Just a random thought :roll:

#119868 by Mayday
Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:33 am
I couldn't imagine it being on Terria...just has too much of a different vibe to it. this is probably also why Devin decided not to include it on Terria, but wait for the time when he'd have some more music, where the song would fit in between...and I think that was the right choice, because Notes from Africa fits with Synchestra perfectly! :)

#119872 by armheadmcgee
Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:06 am
I think it's got more of an Infinity feel, actually.

#119874 by Biert
Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:01 pm
I think it fits great on Synchestra. On Terria it would definately been out of place, at least in it's current form but you never know what it was like back then.

#119877 by the-fluke
Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:12 pm
I'm sure I read somewhere that Dev had the Notes From Africa melody in his head since the Infinity album, so I think thats why It's got that feeling of being from that era.
I agree though, he does seem to have kept it waiting for the right moment.
Which I agree was Synchestra :)

#119879 by Biert
Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:19 pm
the-fluke wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that Dev had the Notes From Africa melody in his head since the Infinity album, so I think thats why It's got that feeling of being from that era.
I agree though, he does seem to have kept it waiting for the right moment.
Which I agree was Synchestra :)

I read in an Aardschok interview (which I translated and posted somewhere around here) that he had heard that song in his head for over 10 years :shock:

EDIT: Here's the interview http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=116129#116129

#119970 by EternalMetal
Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:41 pm
I think that this song was a little overhyped by the Dev. He had the song in his head for such a long time, and its just an average song. It gets a little repetitive too, when he starts to repeat Salomon Rushdie over and over again.

And no, it doesnt fit on Terria. It fits as the closing song of Synchestra.

#119971 by VelvetKevorkian429
Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:45 pm
EternalMetal wrote:I think that this song was a little overhyped by the Dev. He had the song in his head for such a long time, and its just an average song. It gets a little repetitive too, when he starts to repeat Salomon Rushdie over and over again.

And no, it doesnt fit on Terria. It fits as the closing song of Synchestra.

I disagree with you. I love listening to Notes. it's so weird. i always find myself grooving along to it hah

#119975 by funny_little_guy
Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:22 pm
I could see Notes on Infinity before I saw it on Terria, but in this form it's best for Synchestra. Somehow I think it probally fit on Terria fairly well, it would've just been quite different. I imagine it was re-rewitten quite a bit many times over the years.

#120044 by shiram
Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:38 am
to me it definately fits more on synchestra, as a closer
its definately not terria material, to my ears anyways

#120298 by Edzecrüshaer
Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:23 am
No.. It fits on Synchestra i think.

#121323 by Death'o'Musak
Thu May 11, 2006 9:05 pm
Definatly only fits onto Synchestra.
But I suppose you always get that similar proggy feel with Devin's stuff.. so it could be that.

#121410 by 666zombo666
Fri May 12, 2006 10:56 am
if i remeber reading the interview with right it WAS a left over song from infinity and if you listen to infinity start to finish like we all love doing it would fit in there but with devs growth it could only fit one place now and thats synchestra. (only my opinion and i reserve the right to make it so no bad-mouthing please). :D

#121411 by Atari
Fri May 12, 2006 11:43 am
we don't bad-mouth people here.