Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#179617 by Lawrence
Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:22 am
Synthetic_Urination wrote:I think it would be interesting for Devin to play SYL songs from a different point of view, make fun of the music a bit and play it differently. I would totally dig an even more sarcastic look at SYL haha

To me that would ruin all that is strapping
#179626 by soundsofentropy
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:03 am
Lawrence wrote:
Synthetic_Urination wrote:I think it would be interesting for Devin to play SYL songs from a different point of view, make fun of the music a bit and play it differently. I would totally dig an even more sarcastic look at SYL haha

Wrong.

Strapping would still be awesome. But then there would be "SYL, now with more PARODY" and it would also be awesome. :wink:
#179628 by Lawrence
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:09 am
soundsofentropy wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Wrong.

Strapping would still be awesome. But then there would be "SYL, now with more PARODY" and it would also be awesome. :wink:

Well call it something else other than SYL?
#179629 by soundsofentropy
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:11 am
Lawrence wrote:
soundsofentropy wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Wrong.

Well call it something else other than SYL?

Unkempt Old Bugger?
#179643 by Phase
Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:30 pm
BrunoN wrote:Old Dirty Bastard

oh wait, this one is taken

By you, BrunoN? Hee hee.

No no. I reckon an entire country version of SYL is in order.
#179667 by Lawrence
Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am
Im 17 actually but id like to leave feeling about SYL the way they were, without them turning into a joke band, what your suggestiong sounds like punky bruster. Deconstruction of a cheeseburger sounds like a fun record.
#179674 by Biert
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:04 am
I'd be nice to hear some stripped down minimalistic acoustic Strapping.
#179683 by Synthetic_Urination
Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:34 am
Lawrence wrote:Im 17 actually but id like to leave feeling about SYL the way they were, without them turning into a joke band, what your suggestiong sounds like punky bruster. Deconstruction of a cheeseburger sounds like a fun record.

The vision I had in my head was nothing like punky, although it would be just as funny!
#179869 by Evo
Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 am
As much as like Strapping, I love Dev's "solo" stuff a bazillion times more, so Dev writing and recording at home is the best thing that can happen as far as I'm concerned.
#179892 by mineralinsulated
Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 am
yeah i got to see syl in paris on the new black tour in a pretty little place, it was awesome. I didnt even know any of devs solo stuff then, now i think i like it more.
#179948 by nrich
Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:59 am
I hope I ain't doing this when I am thirty because I feel this way at the moment and it is not something I am overly proud of. It's like saying, "Hey everybody, I have a bad temper."
—Townsend on Strapping Young Lad, 1995

seems about right
#180443 by Death'o'Musak
Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:02 pm
Don't they have to break-up first to have a reunion?
The way I see it, they're taking an extremely long holiday... just because they don't play gigs doesn't mean the band stop seeing each other entirely.