I'm gonna melt you guys!
#182706 by Lettuce
Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:25 pm
Borrowed it off a Devyhead friend of mine today (I'll definately buy it though, if there's still any for sale?), he didn't really get it though. I fucking love it. What a beautiful album. I was not expecting it at all. Proper chilling music.
#184458 by AccEvolution
Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 pm
Death'o'Musak wrote:Conscousness Causes Collapse, Equation & The Abacus played one after the other are definatly my favourite's...
that soft guitar that starts at 6:50 of Abacus, and the sweet little piano bit that follows shortly after, just brilliant...

I've really only ever listened to Hummer while falling asleep, so most of my experience with it is bordering on unconscious (and it's great for that) but I'd randomly wake up to some excellent bits of music. I remember waking up to that soft guitar part which I've never been able to find again until now.

Thanks. :P
#184851 by FFLinchpin
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:44 pm
i do not own either of the ambient albums yet. i need something to help me sleep, as ive been experiencing mega insomnia lately :?
#184923 by chip8088
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:49 am
FFLinchpin wrote:i do not own either of the ambient albums yet. i need something to help me sleep, as ive been experiencing mega insomnia lately :?

if you want something to sleep for, definately avoid DevLab and get the Hummer. Not saying that DevLab is bad (far from it), but i tried going to sleep to it at 11:30 at night...fucking creepiest shit ever. The hummer's alot more peaceful.
#184936 by sans2012
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:50 am
chip8088 wrote:
FFLinchpin wrote:i do not own either of the ambient albums yet. i need something to help me sleep, as ive been experiencing mega insomnia lately :?

if you want something to sleep for, definately avoid DevLab and get the Hummer. Not saying that DevLab is bad (far from it), but i tried going to sleep to it at 11:30 at night...fucking creepiest shit ever. The hummer's alot more peaceful.

Try going to sleep with "Elend" playing = ultra creepiest shit ever

I only listened to Hummer the other day, really enjoyed it. Reminds of the kind of experimental stuff I used to write with Fruity Loop/FL Studio. Almost inspired me to write some new atmo themes, but I picked up my Oboe instead.
#184951 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm
chip8088 wrote:

I don't have either, either. Is DevLab really that creepy? How so?! :shock:
Luckily, I never use music for sleep... I use it for exercise, washing the dishes.... nerdy stuff like that. 8)
#184969 by FFLinchpin
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:03 pm
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:
chip8088 wrote:

Luckily, I never use music for sleep... I use it for exercise, washing the dishes.... nerdy stuff like that. 8)

i dont use music either, cause im an extremely light sleeper. It has to be extremely dark (hard to do when you work nightshift and sleep during the day :P ), and i run a fan to drown out the outside noise.

However, i do listen to music BEFORE i go to sleep, so the Hummer would be a nice way to relax.

im quite intrigued by Devlab. I HAVE to hear it now. i like creepy...
#185028 by sans2012
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:14 pm
FFLinchpin wrote:
chip8088 wrote:

i dont use music either, cause im an extremely light sleeper. It has to be extremely dark (hard to do when you work nightshift and sleep during the day :P ), and i run a fan to drown out the outside noise.

However, i do listen to music BEFORE i go to sleep, so the Hummer would be a nice way to relax.

im quite intrigued by Devlab. I HAVE to hear it now. i like creepy...

Creepy yeah, in a good way, like Aphex Twin on crack
#185048 by chip8088
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:32 pm
chip8088 wrote:

When it's pitch black and you hear "IMM MILLKK YOOOOUUUAAAHHHH! IM GONNA MELT YOU GUYS!" and then it just get louder and louder and then get quiet, almost soothing, then build to a loud scream like crash that loops. idk how to explain it, but it creeped the shit outta me.

On an off note, i just posted the same story twice within 2 posts.
#185105 by Biert
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:19 am
chip8088 wrote:"IMM MILLKK YOOOOUUUAAAHHHH! IM GONNA MELT YOU GUYS!"

Hot melt glue gun, I'm gonna melt you guys ;)
#185122 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:07 pm
Hmmmm

yeah that does sound really creepy. Still gonna buy it though - now I'm intrigued. I gotta hear this weirdness for myself :D
#187600 by Amber
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 am
I'm listening to it at the moment, but completely against the grain (well almost.) of what Dev suggests...

I've got it quite loud on my rather nice speaker set up (well, my mums :P ) And its just filled the whole of my flat with noise. ANd it's awesome. I'm hearing so many things, and so many more vibes and feelings... If I try to listen to it when asleep, I have to have it so quiet otherwise I get too distracted. But I'm enjoying hearing... the "whole"? of the album.

It's nice. :D
#187625 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am
Man, I gotta get that thing. Along with a shitload of other Devin CD's. Sucks I don't have them yet. It sucks not having money - I blame it on that.
#188019 by Jack8the8Ripper
Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 pm
i just ordered my copy...i might have to do an experiment and set it up so that it only plays while i'm asleep and never listen to it while awake haha