The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#196709 by Drumdude13
Mon May 04, 2009 9:05 am
Hey everyone,

Been a while since I posted here but I just wanted to let you all know that I will be featured in an "Update Interview" in Modern Drummer in the June Issue coming out on May 5th 2009. This has been a long time dream of mine to be in the magazine and to have it finally come true is somewhat surreal BUT a HUGE honor. For all info on the issue, click the link below:

http://www.moderndrummer.com/currentissue.php

Hope you guys enjoy it.

On a side note, I just finshed a 3 day Rehearse-Fest with Devin and Beav.... "Addicted" is going to be fucking amazing. the songs are all consistent and they even got a bit heavier. It will still be very catchy but there are slammin' heavy vibes, in a positive way on this record. Fuck.... I'm excited, you all should be too, this album is gonna' make you all wanna' move! Stay posted...

Oh yeah, Pearl sent me a brand new 24 x18 Pearl Reference Kick Drum which I'm gonna' use on Dev's record - Best Kick sound EVER!!!! This drum is amazing!

OK, that's enogh babble, take care and talk soon. I'll update you all more the "Addicted" drum recordings soon...

Best,

RVP
#196713 by swervedriver
Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 am
I don't understand, why does a June issue come out in early May? Wouldn't that make it a May issue? :?

Anyway, very cool that you're in there, congrats!
#196728 by Biert
Mon May 04, 2009 11:06 am
swervedriver wrote:I don't understand, why does a June issue come out in early May? Wouldn't that make it a May issue? :?

Anyway, very cool that you're in there, congrats!

It's quite common for magazines to be the issue for the coming month (buying a May issue late in May may seem like buying an old issue). But from what I understand, this issue has been out for like 2 weeks already.

I'll ask my mother if her shops carries Modern Drummer :) I think I still have that "Slagwerkkrant" issue with RVP somewhere!
#196823 by Biert
Tue May 05, 2009 3:22 am

Gentlemen, start your bidding :D

I'm not sure Ryan. I think that despite your last name, you don't speak a word of Dutch :P
#196936 by Lawrence
Tue May 05, 2009 1:14 pm
Congrats Ryan, you deserve it! Hope your enjoying making addicted and i really hope that this isnt the last record you work with Dev on! Cant wait to hear you kicking the shit out of your drums!(in a good way of course)

Law