The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#221066 by MohawkMeat
Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:36 pm
Hey Tracy(or whoever can help answer this one),

I will be attending one of the shows that The Project is on with Between the Buried and Me and Cynic and was hoping to get Devin to sign or do a goofy little skribbly sketch on a project guitar body that I have. I was just wondering if Devin would/could do this for me. It's cool if he's not into signing or drawing on guitars. I know some artists just don't do it and that's cool. I just don't want to show up to the show with a slab of wood and have him tell me he can't or won't do it. If you could help me out with this one Tracy that would be really cool. I'm sure things are really crazy right now though with Addicted coming out soon and the tour coming up now. So if I get no response it's understandable.
You the fans may be able to help me though. Anyone who has had Devin sign an instrument or has tried can you let me know about it? Was he reluctant to do it? Did he not sign it? Any info would be appreciated. I really hope he can do it. Devin is such a big influence and inspiration it would be so cool to have his signature or a little stick figure drawing on my project guitar. It would really make it special. Thanks.
#221070 by BlueRaja
Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:47 pm
I can tell you that Tracy probably won't respond nor see your post. She hasn't logged on since January.

Perhaps this section of the forum will be retired when we're revamped with a new skin.
#221220 by Love of Socks
Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:00 am
I've met Devin a number of times over the years. He's a decent, polite, oft-times delightful fella. Barring some sort of business/time related issue no one other than him or his management can tell you about, I don't see why not. Unless of course you have a history of getting bands to sign things then playing gigs and going "JOHAN FROM AMON AMARTH SIGNED THIS! HE TOTALLY ENDORSES MY SONGS ABOUT THE EVILS OF GAY MARRIAGE!!!!"
#221262 by Biert
Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 pm
Devin is cool. A few weeks ago when all us Euro people were panicking over the autographed Addicted pre-orders, he said that he'd be willing to autograph stuff at live gigs as well so it wouldn't be necessary to get one of the pre-orders in order to get an autograph. And back in the days of the Ki pre-order, he said that people could even mail things to him, he would autograph them and mail it back. So my guess is he'll sign just about anything. Bring your mother in law and you'll get her back scribbled all over.

Swell, innit?
#221345 by FUBAR
Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:17 pm
Biert wrote:Devin is cool. A few weeks ago when all us Euro people were panicking over the autographed Addicted pre-orders, he said that he'd be willing to autograph stuff at live gigs as well so it wouldn't be necessary to get one of the pre-orders in order to get an autograph. And back in the days of the Ki pre-order, he said that people could even mail things to him, he would autograph them and mail it back. So my guess is he'll sign just about anything. Bring your mother in law and you'll get her back scribbled all over.

Swell, innit?

Where'd he say that? I believe you though. Dev is sound.
#221365 by fairy_on_ecstacy
Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 pm
this is one reason why i love devin so much! he has a heart for his fans! alot of other musicians are not like this! many years ago i was in love with manson.. lol and i meet twiggy and asked for a hug, he was so rude to me and said no, but i can have a handshake! i lost alot of respect for him!
im going to ask dev to sign my leg or somehitng :P so i can get it tattoo :P
#221388 by Malgore
Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:22 am
The Dev wrote:Of course, whatever you want signed is fine.

In that case, I'm bringing my grandmah to one of your concerts once you come to Sweden. She wants an autograph on her wrinkled boobs, will be a heck of an experience.