Hey! You're awake!
#228214 by wyldweasil
Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:20 pm
wow this really makes Dances with Smurfs look amazing! If dev's music was really in the movie I'd be first in line for it. Everytime 'Shoot em up' comes on I have to stop and watch it
#228246 by Octillus
Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:20 pm
The Dev wrote:Amazing dude...thank you, made my morning!

Bums me out too...please, someone use a song for a cool movie! :)

Well it depends on whatcha mean by cool.

As a broadcasting student, I'm pretty damn interested in seeing where the 3D technology is being taken with Mr. Cameron's vision.

Even if the narrative is only so-so, the uniqueness of what he's doing in the medium is so greatly impressive I have no worries.
#228273 by guitardouche
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:17 am
this trailer is so amazing, nicely done
now I want to see that movie

The farscape video is aweseome too, watched it a couple of times before. It really takes the most amazing part of that "demo" song (I don't really think of them as demo stuff though)
#228280 by BrunoN
Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:49 am
This is so epic I'm lost for words. Seriously, well done.

It would be great to see some epic movie soundtracked by the Dev. Instant additional 3 points on IMDB.
#228304 by TheOmniscient
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 pm
drukore wrote:
JuZ wrote:Great job drukore, I really liked that. Really not sure what to make of the movie, but I'll give James Cameron the benefit of the doubt and go see it on Imax... if it's sucks I might take my iPod and listen to Supercrush while I look at the purdy pictures!

(and the opening of Starchild is too damned epic for words... just listen to that voice! Bet that took a few takes.)

lol yeah I'm sure Dev's music will be better than the soundtrack in the movie. I might just take your idea as well and bring the ipod. Maybe crank some "Alien" during the battle scenes.

As fitting as that song was with the visuals, I have to disagree.
Few can score a movie like James Horner, especially these days when composers are being replaced by half assed musicians with computers. Not many people can write an orchestral piece and conduct it the very next day, making important adjustments and changes in front of a waiting orchestra as the scene they've been working on has been cut to pieces moments after composing a 'finished cue'. In a few weeks he's managed to write many a kick ass score and he's been working on Avatar for over a year now, his longest ever stint with one movie. What I've heard sounds phenomenal. The music in the trailer is from different movies for some reason but I have no doubt Horner's score will make Cameron's world come to life!
This is scary stuff! I really hope it isn't happening again at ze momo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAciDfxB ... re=related
#228793 by drukore
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:06 pm
TheOmniscient wrote:
drukore wrote:
JuZ wrote:Great job drukore, I really liked that. Really not sure what to make of the movie, but I'll give James Cameron the benefit of the doubt and go see it on Imax... if it's sucks I might take my iPod and listen to Supercrush while I look at the purdy pictures!

(and the opening of Starchild is too damned epic for words... just listen to that voice! Bet that took a few takes.)

lol yeah I'm sure Dev's music will be better than the soundtrack in the movie. I might just take your idea as well and bring the ipod. Maybe crank some "Alien" during the battle scenes.

As fitting as that song was with the visuals, I have to disagree.
Few can score a movie like James Horner, especially these days when composers are being replaced by half assed musicians with computers. Not many people can write an orchestral piece and conduct it the very next day, making important adjustments and changes in front of a waiting orchestra as the scene they've been working on has been cut to pieces moments after composing a 'finished cue'. In a few weeks he's managed to write many a kick ass score and he's been working on Avatar for over a year now, his longest ever stint with one movie. What I've heard sounds phenomenal. The music in the trailer is from different movies for some reason but I have no doubt Horner's score will make Cameron's world come to life!
This is scary stuff! I really hope it isn't happening again at ze momo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAciDfxB ... re=related

Oh by no means do I want to take away from some of the amazing composers out there that can make great movie score. So far I've enjoyed the score (Titanic excluded) from most of Cameron's films. The Abyss especially. I agree that the trailer music has been...well not as awesome but they're trying to get you into the theather based on a blizzard of montages and such....I more or less just wanted to make something fitting for a great song...and some great visuals...
#228794 by drukore
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 pm
The Dev wrote:Amazing dude...thank you, made my morning!

Bums me out too...please, someone use a song for a cool movie! :)

Hey, thanks for making a kickass choon! =D

I figured we should have some of those movie visuals with some GOOD music instead of another possible Celine Dion fiasco. ;) I'm waiting for Cameron to release like a My Chemical Romance love ballad/video for this movie so we can all vomit in unison. Always the case....great movie score, HORRIBLE selection of bands for the soundtrack (also see Watchmen..who actually had My Chemical Romance for the soundtrack....awful)

Next up a 3 min trailer for the 80's classic anime AKIRA using "All Hail The New Flesh". Coming soon.
#230178 by Pik_Nick'92
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:31 am
I always thought that song would be good with some powerful film and Avatar is definitely no exception. Saw it a few weeks ago and I thought I must see it in 3-D, which I did the week after that.

But seriously, I can think of so many of Dev's songs that would have the atmosphere and feel of the world of Pandora that James Cameron has managed to create. For example songs like deadhead, triumph, Let It Roll, Hypergeek, Deep Peace, Down and Under, In-Ah!, etc.

Heck, my bro thinks that Fireflies by Owl City, matches the film. Maybe but I'm not sure, those lyrics still confuse me, there must be some good message in that song, idk. Either way, I've just changed his mind bwahaha.