Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#135615 by AccEvolution
Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:22 pm
Definitely my favorite track on Physicist. Just kind of leaves you feeling empty (in a good way)
#160298 by Burzum
Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:43 am
organic spiral wrote:Completely sad that this song is so underrated. I was just listening to it and decided it to be a good idea to start a thread. To me this is one of Dev's best epics. The feeling this song has especially towards the end is almost teary. I love the part where he goes "I'm Sorry" Over and over in a big climatic way. It's just really powerful and moving

Anyone else feel this way about this song?

I'm with you. My second fav Dev track after Bastard. Absolute masterpiece. The outro is stunning - "I'm soooooorryy .. oh oh ..."
#179897 by Ouodo
Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:13 am
This is the only song in the world that has ever brought me to tears.

The thing that gets me about Devin's music, is it's so packed full of emotion. A lot of that emotion isn't apparent until you find your own emotional state coming on par with the vibe of the music. When I was feeling my very lowest, I listened to Planet Rain and I just couldn't help but cry and it made me feel so much better to find some kind of symmetry with something/someone at a time when I didn't think anyone could understand.

Planet Rain is magic.
#180857 by Nathan_lol
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:14 am
Before last night, I never really cared about this song, I just thought it was boring and anti-climatic. But last night, I had a dream where there was this huge explosion in space. The entire night sky was illuminated blue by it, and you could see the explosion very clearly as it happened. It was like this blue ball of plasma that expanded and was twice the size of the sun, and you could see it very clearly from the earth. It was seriously the most scary thing imaginable, mostly because I had no idea what the fuck was going on. No one did, as it happened everyone was panicking and sirens were going off, and I just remember feeling so empty, thinking "So this is it, this is the end of the world?" But then, the thing just vanished, leaving everyone left to wonder what happened. I had so many questions. But anyways, Planet Rain perfectly captures my emotions and thoughts in that dream, its pretty weird actually. So now whenever I listen to that song, I'm reminded of my dream, and all of those questions I had.
#212049 by croomekid
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:27 pm
Possibly one of my favorite DT songs.
The general feel of the rhythm and chords tie with the idea of rain so well.
so moving.

#226851 by Knotrice
Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm
Dunkelheit wrote:way too long

i fancy my fave would be forgotten

I agree with this. Forgotten is the only track that sounds completely different from the rest. I still like Planet Rain though.
#230479 by Scruff
Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 pm
Favourite song on the album, especially 2:22 - 5:24, just amazing
#239244 by bonekrap44
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:23 pm
Does anyone got any tabs? But i thougt that earth day was pretty sweet but now that ive heard Planet rain its better
#240830 by charlie_w
Sat May 29, 2010 8:57 am
Could have used a little more work, but what's there is great and that middle section is just breathtaking. The production doesn't seem to spoil it as much as it does the rest of the tracks. I'd like to learn this one on guitar sometime. :guitar:
#244077 by Nimenoz
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:07 am
Am I the only one thinking the best part of Planet Rain is when he repeats the song with screaming vocals? Man, that's just some of the sickest vocals of all time, boneshredding, emotional, catastrophical, beautiful. This song gets me every time.
#251391 by MikeC26
Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am
Absolute beast track.

I can't imagine Physicist ending any other way...
#264284 by Voradin
Wed May 04, 2011 11:15 pm
I can't believe I haven't posted on this thread...

If I were trapped on a desert island and could only take 10 songs with me, this would be one of them.

I have to make myself not listen to it out of fear that I'll wear it out and become desensitized to it like I did with The Death of Music and it won't affect me the way it does now...

It really does sound like someone lamenting the end of everything... the meaning I always put into it was that it was about someone who just wanted everything and everyone to f*ck off and go away... and then it happens... and he's left with the realization that there is nothing left but himself and the infinite void of oblivion.

Only Dev could pull off something like this!
#297128 by Widdershins
Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:41 am
It is, without a doubt, my favorite song of all time. I could see having it played at my funeral. But then, I plan to live forever.