All hail Ziltoid!
#245433 by mEh!
Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:49 am
From twitteh. (it's not me)

@dvntownsend Hey, Devy! You look into Rock Band anymore since the last time I bugged you about it?
@yardgnome736 yes, I am starting the Ziltoid Rock Band game in one month... Some cool ideas, probably on time for Christmas!
@dvntownsend I sense a hint of sarcasm. Well, excuuuuuse me for trying to help you come up with another way for me to give you money! :P
@yardgnome736 what? No I'm serious, what are you talking about? I confirmed it yesterday
@dvntownsend If you're fucking with me, I'll... well. I'm not sure what I'd do, but it might not be pleasant!
@yardgnome736 of course I'm not fucking with you, calm down. Ziltoid by Christmas hopefully.
@dvntownsend Like, the whole album?
@yardgnome736 yes...lots of work to do though, going to try and add some stuff as well.

I'm not into rockband and geetarhero at all but this is cool :)
#245434 by Octillus
Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 am
Fuck yes.

I get to sing the greys with my lady friends that I can't get to listen to dev based on my metal predilections. The Greys will conquer all.
#245442 by Scruff
Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 am
I'm not a fan of the guitar hero / rock band series but this most definately sounds cool.
#245443 by Taskusorsa
Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:05 am
A quote from the Rock Band forum:
Well looks like Devin announced this already so it must be ok to talk about.

Devin is working with us to release the full Ziltoid album on Rock Band Network.

He's going to go in and tweak the album to make it more applicable to the game. (Meaning adding solos, maybe having the Ziltoid character taunt the players during songs, those types of things.)

This is just the beginning as Devin wants to bring a lot of his material to the game.
#245457 by catharsis
Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:52 am
god damn it, i might have to buy rock band now
#245474 by hyrra
Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:09 pm
bawzonyajawz wrote:I think I just shit my pants.

I've been waiting for this. Finally, a reason to start playing Rock Band again.

Speak no more! I feel totally the same! :)
#245483 by Estbarul
Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:05 pm
catharsis wrote:god damn it, i might have to buy rock band now

DAMN

I´ll have to buy rock band too haha

Need.... to play....rock band... I ...need.........Ziltoid... .waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well done devin, hope it´s not scam xD
#245487 by TallNerdGuy
Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:55 pm
I haven't been playing too much Rock Band lately. Time to pick up the plastic axe and polish my chops!
#245503 by JSchaffer
Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 am
If theres only one problem i can find with this, its that people have figured out how to rip the content of the games and put them online. Now normally, who cares cuz the songs are everywhere anyway. But because the game isolates the tracks, it ends up being a sort of an isolated "master track" that gets out there in the way of a .mogg file. Which you could open in a program in audacity and have the multitrack layouts. If your reading this Dev, just wanted to let you know that this is happening and it will be out there in this form.
#245510 by Antiyou
Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:28 am
Not that I dislike Ziltoid, it's a great record. But, does it seem weird to anyone else that this is the release that is getting attention? With all the outstanding SYL/DTB/DTP material, it's the coffee puppet alien album that is going to get Dev to the masses?

I don't understand people at all.
#245511 by Octillus
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Antiyou wrote:Not that I dislike Ziltoid, it's a great record. But, does it seem weird to anyone else that this is the release that is getting attention? With all the outstanding SYL/DTB/DTP material, it's the coffee puppet alien album that is going to get Dev to the masses?

I don't understand people at all.

The coffee puppet alien album is pretty fuckin deep if you let it be.
#245512 by debs
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:09 pm
it be all good to see this I spend my student grant on getting this game ^-^ ZILTOID for the massaes I think this is the prefect albm to expose devy