The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#263201 by mattyryan86
Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:39 am
so dev writing a new album.

twitter post: "Peavey sent me an awesome Tele. wrote some great music. Next record tentatively called 'Epicloud'."

sounds awesome. cant wait, mind u i still cant wait for decon and ghost.
#263203 by catharsis
Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:17 am
this guy's a madman. is this going to be Z2 or something completely different?
#263207 by ctfod
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:09 am
I wondered if it was a joke I didn't quite get, considering Decon, Ghost, Ghost II, Z2, DTP boxset, and the Ziltoid comic still need to see the light of day.
#263209 by ppinkham
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 am
Seems like it is brand new, completely unrelated to Z2. Some of the descriptions for the current music he has been writiting he tweeted as being:

@dvntownsend wrote:Writing some spacious, open sounding hard rock stuff.

@dvntownsend wrote:Heavy mellow music. Beautiful, crushing and simple.

I believe he mentioned somewhere that he wanted to do a stand-alone album before he jumped back into working on Z2. I know the label has been wanting something simple and straightforward to push. It's a lot easier to sell a stand-alone album than a 4-disc "project" or a concept album ala Ziltoid.

It seems that Dev's new management and the label are set on getting Dev more exposure and fans. It's about fucking time. ;)
#263210 by Faffy
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am
Heavy mellow.
Now that's a genre I approve of! :D

Yeah, he did mention doing a minor project before getting started with Z2. Something "electronic and dancy" I believe he said... but that was a while ago, so he may have changed his mind. Or perhaps he'll do both. Who knows? :P
#263211 by ctfod
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am
Terria 2 then?

It is Earth Day, after all.
#263214 by Octillus
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 am
Dude writes stuff all the time. If/when this develops into something more, we'll know as it gets closer.
#263215 by Lettuce
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:54 am
I thought this was gonna be an album about volcanos in clouds...

....but there's no reason why it couldn't be...right?
#263221 by Leechmaster
Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:04 am
The man just seems to never take a holiday... :roll: :lol:
#263280 by mattyryan86
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 am
Octillus wrote:Dude writes stuff all the time. If/when this develops into something more, we'll know as it gets closer.

I'm sure he writes music all the time but to post on twitter that he wrote new music and then say "new album" called epicloud at the moment must mean he working on something before Z2
#263281 by Leechmaster
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 am
He might clear this up whenever he gets back from his vacation. He also said Ziltoidia TV is taking off soon so he might be in a Ziltoid mode now.. Or it could all be simultaneous. Normally the only person who knows what's going on and what's coming next and in what order is Devin. I doubt Tracy is even able to keep up... :lol:
#263282 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:47 am
Now Mark, don't think for one moment Dev knows what's going on :P

barackobaka wrote:Imagining it sounding like AE.

Don't :P It will probably sound nothing like it 8)

As far as I understand, Z2 is gonna be ZTV now...unless I got the wrong end of the stick. Who cares, it's all shits and giggles.