7%
7%
6%
6%
2%
2%
#264565 by CutManMetal
Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 am
I picked Ocean Machine. It's a great mix, but like some have said, it can be a little bright and airy at points. Mostly, though, I'd just like to see
if I could make it sound the quality of his more current production. It's an amazing album, anything that could be done to give it more production
justice would be a worthwhile endeavor.
#264937 by Kore
Sat May 07, 2011 8:59 pm
ctfod wrote:Really? I thought Terria's production was flawless.

I don't know. The vocals and the drums just seem "off" with the rest of the music somehow. I wish I could explain...

But, that's just my opinion.
#270024 by steinvegardstavik
Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:07 am
Fuzzboy wrote:Terria.

That bass drum annoys the shit out of me.

I thought so too for a wile, not that it annoyed mo so much, it just felt like the wrong kind of..to metalish kind of kick? Would fit better into Dimmu Borgir or some other modern polished extreme metal maybe...

But I soon found out that every time I tried to hear the album in my head with anther kick...the one in it is the only one that feels right after all.

One album I would remix is Addicted. if you hear the video where he is tracking guitar for Resolve and Universe, I find that to have a much more pleasant "rocking sound" (although the quality in itself is a bit low) to it than the final album that has a very plastic, cold..calculated production. The sound turned out far too futuristic and industrial. I love the album, but I was very disappointed with the final production. I would at least replace the drum sounds as they contribute a lot to the production being the way it is.
#285304 by Manwards
Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:34 pm
Out of those choices, definitely Ocean Machine, because as much as I like most of the songs on that album, I just can't get used to his vocal style back then. I got into Devy a couple of years ago, hearing Synchestra and Addicted first, and at times on OM he barely even sounds like the Devy I know. That's obviously not a criticism - it's an example of an artist changing and maturing over time - but still, I'd love to hear "Night" done in his current vocal and production styles...
#285315 by Abydost
Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Manwards wrote:Out of those choices, definitely Ocean Machine, because as much as I like most of the songs on that album, I just can't get used to his vocal style back then. I got into Devy a couple of years ago, hearing Synchestra and Addicted first, and at times on OM he barely even sounds like the Devy I know. That's obviously not a criticism - it's an example of an artist changing and maturing over time - but still, I'd love to hear "Night" done in his current vocal and production styles...

Wow, I'm the complete opposite actually.
#285420 by Manwards
Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:35 pm
I suppose it depends which end you come in from. Don't get me wrong, Ocean Machine is a great album - I listened to it on the walk home from work just a few hours ago - but yeah, if he had to redo one album (that wasn't Physicist), I'd vote for OM.
#294255 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 am
Chickenfeather. Of all the SYL albums, the production on this one didn't sound as complementary to the music as it should, in my opinion. It sounded a bit too harsh, too grating, and while those elements do suit the theme, a sound a bit deeper and more fluid might make it more enjoyable. The same with Physicist (of course).