Peace to you
#272586 by mymomlikesdogs
Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:40 pm
I don't really cry at music and Feather is no exception. The only songs I nearly cried (or teared up, to put it more specifically) to were both DT songs, 'Bastard' but that was because it is such a powerful song that means a lot to me. And 'Deconstruction' due to Devin's falsetto vocals at the end, they were tears of joy.

Feather is just song that makes me feel VERY good and it's just really pretty and.......orgasmic..... yeaaaah.
#272668 by barackobaka
Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:54 am
When I first heard feather, when it came to the "peace to you" part I just tore up, I cried for like ten minutes. And I never cry!
Its like this motherly love accepting you for who you are and forgiving you... I guess I was in a pretty bad place at the time though.
#273262 by No OnE
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 pm
This song is rocking my world right now, loving it :D Ghost as a whole is hitting me way harder after not listening to it for a week!
#273377 by the-fluke
Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm
It has done a few times actually. The one Devin song guaran-damn-teed to bring a tear to my eye is Storm, when the last verse starts. The one where Dev really busts out.
There have been other times when I have randomly shed a few tears or felt like bawling away when listening to his songs. Once it was Notes From Africa! But I think at those times I was feeling a bit emotionally numb and the sheer power (not heaviness I might add, I mean the energy and the soul), and the depth of the songs coupled with my emotional investment with Devin's music and how it has affected me in the past during both joyful and stressful events simply caused me to mentally drop my barriers for a moment and unwittingly allow myself to open up for a second. God help me if that ever happens around now. I'm going through a very tough time after a traumatic break-up and I will be honest, Ghost has been an amazing help and a great focus for me to work through issues. Devins music comes to the rescue for me again!

(Texada JUST started as I was typing that last sentence :D )
#276926 by immoxilline
Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 am
No, it doesn't make me cry, quite melancholic still.. It merely makes me think my own 2 kids, my 11-year old son and 9- year old daughter and my fatherhood to them. Divorced from their mother some time ago. It tends to make me think, how to be more better dad them, and how fast time flies, as they grow older and hopefully wiser than their ol' man.
#276936 by Fjar
Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:55 pm
Listened to it at the weekend for the first time in a while, and had a bit of a "Holy shit, don't cry" moment. :? Amazing that it's had that effect on so many other people!
#314913 by jigsawman
Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 pm
Ghost was the first song to make me cry.Tears of joy cause that is the day I shaked hands with my soul.Ignored feather for really long cos it was 11 mins long but once I heard it cried loads and I have never felt better :D
#315331 by demonleague
Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 am
Just joined the forums and omg.. I thought I was the only one. I always felt like I had such a special, personal connection with the song. Interesting that so many others feel the same way...
.....But I mean what else should I have expected, it's DEVIN.