2%
2%
20%
20%
5%
5%
#296167 by FiveSerpentsTeeth
Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 pm
Heard em. I'd probably put City as ultimate SYL album, followed by Alien.

After that, it kinda splits either way, depending on what kind of music your into. If you like Experimental stuff more (or whatever you call an experimentalist touch) The New Black would probably be third, or if you really like a lot of relentless (no pun intended) music, SYL would be third instead.
#303792 by metalandstuff85
Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm
I love every Strapping album, but I've never heard anything quite like Alien. It's ridiculously chaotic and disgustingly weird sound is something I've only experienced once in my life. So my vote goes to the mighty Alien.
#305821 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:33 pm
I voted for HAARHT for the sole reason that, like Physicist, I feel it unjustly has the "worst of" title tacked on it. I kinda feel like a lot of people either haven't even listened to it or listened to it maybe once and didn't dig any tracks except for the first two...for some reason. I honestly don't get what makes the rest of the album bad.

Seriously, has he ever done a creepier, more intense, more depressingly honest song than "The Filler"?

The answer is no. City is great, but nothing on it touches the raw intensity of that song. And given that much of Devy's work is rarely completely serious, it is probably just a joke song which makes the fact that it actually works quite astounding.

vt1100 wrote:"by vt1100 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:46 pm
Just listening to SYL (chickenfeather) and absolutely loving it, somehow it has easier "accessibility" than Alien... Well for me anyway. The New Black was my first SYL .
5. HAARHT. Sounds like demo collection...

...a large percentage of his best work are songs he didn't pursue beyond demo stage....
#305822 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:59 pm
I think I am going to have to qualify my statements, though, for those might take offense to it. I have had more than a far share of getting passed over and being treated like a romantic/sexual "filler" in my life so far, so the enraged catharsis of "Filler" speaks to a deep, feral side of me. It is one of the few SYL tracks I feel in my heart. Most I just go "fuck yeah, heavy" to.