Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#258697 by mattyryan86
Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:11 am
So i loved this album when it came out but after terria and A.E I stopped listening.
It wasn't until I downloaded the free live ep where kigndkom was on it and I enjoyed it. So I played the album again and now I havent stopped listening to it since. People say it's devs low point worst album but I say it's one of the best and uniquest ever!! I love my prog dev but this album has something so awesome about it.
#258720 by ctfod
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:05 am
I've recently just got back into it, I kinda chose the other albums over this because it's a bit rough around the edges, but it still has quite a few gems.
#260124 by Drowd
Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am
I only recently bought the album (a few months ago).
I've read so much about how it was Dev's lowest point, how the production sounds bad, how it's more a SYL record than a DT record and blah blah blah.
So when I bought it and gave it a listen I just had a lot of prejudice and said to myself : Well this is gonna suck.

But how wrong was I ! I think it's an awesome record.
Sure the production is a bit akward but who cares ? Listen to the music dude !
Sure Dev's voice is kinda strange and isn't quite as good as it was on Ocean Machine and Infinity but it has its own ''style''
Sure Dev's had that crazy scientist look and that's probably the lowest point there is on this album :P
I think where Physicist really stands out is that it shows at lot of what was to come muscially for Dev.
I hear alot of Terria, Accelerated Evolution, SYL and Alien and even a few things from the past.

I think you mustn't compare Physicist with any other of Dev's album but take it as a whole different experience.
It is definetly one of my favorite DT album now and yet I awaited so long to buy it.
How stupid is that ?

Thank you for your attention !
Just wanted to tell my story about the amazing Physicist
#260127 by Tonya Elf
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 am
Drowd wrote:I think where Physicist really stands out is that it shows at lot of what was to come muscially for Dev.
I hear alot of Terria, Accelerated Evolution, SYL and Alien and even a few things from the past.

Thank you for your attention !
Just wanted to tell my story about the amazing Physicist

I hear those albums in Physicist, too. Just listened to Physicist for the first time in a long while, during a long drive I had to do...really hit the spot! :)
#260166 by JuZ
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:22 pm
I think it was an important album, in that it clearly defined the difference between SYL and the solo stuff from that point forward. It was recorded with the SYL boys and I think it was initially going to be a Strapping album, if memory serves. But it ended up being a bit of a mixture of both. My first Dev show was SYL playing a mix of solo stuff and SYL songs, which was an amazing experience. Just incredible. But not a viable option in the long term.

I love the fact that we all get to hitch a ride with Devin as his music evolves. Each album has an influence on the next, and as you guys say you can definitely hear the influence this album has on later stuff.

I still don't like the sound much and I really don't appreciate the effects on Dev's voice. BUT the album has some excellent songs on it and I too think it's definitely worthy of plenty of praise. :D
#288197 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:27 am
I was going to post elsewhere but the title of the thread sums it up perfectly.

After many months of pretty much just "The New And Mighty Quadrilogy" I just slapped on Physsssssssst for no real reason and have sat here really enjoying every last bit of it. Oddly, even though the production quality/style is chalk and cheese between it and the new stuff, it's actually the sheer hooky catchiness that I'd forgotten about and noticed most.

It really does just make you want to leap around like a loon with a grin on your face.

This, it must be said, is a very good thing.
#293458 by Tall-Latte
Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm
material and kingsdom are the two gems for me.. however, i love to listen to this album as my middle ground - almost SYL in sonic assult for when moods are almost SYL.. :D