A place to share your own music and creative projects.
#304945 by Octillus
Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm
Hey everyone, as some of you may know, I recently moved to Brooklyn to kickstart my life and filmmaking career. Well, some bumps along the way (mostly the bumpin' bass of some sweet reggaeton at 4:30 in the morning) have made this journey interesting, but nothing more so than the film I'm working on.

The film is called "mostly awake" and is directed by and starring close friends of mine out here. I'm working as an assistant director and story supervisor, so the DNA of my life is all over this film. The character "Max" is living a life wandering without purpose, and has suddenly been hit with crisis far beyond the scope of which he can handle. He starts investigating the metaphysical with the help of an eccentric mentor named Metaphysical Jesus, who sends him on a journey to find himself. The reason I hold it so close to my heart is because quite simply, it mirrors so much of my own life. We often can kind of hit these trials in our mid-twenties, and the goal is hopefully to make a community-based project that represents the kind of people that exist in these situations, and what it's like to be this age at this time in a community like Bushwick.

If you can find it in your time to share the link to our kickstarter, or if you can contribute at all, even just an attaboy, it'll be greatly appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/564419346/mostly-awake-a-film-by-cody-swanson

I also made this talking about the film:
http://www.facebook.com/v/10100325430007568

Thanks, and i luv u longtime

#305517 by Tyroshai
Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm
Woah!
Check out that bloke at 1min 20's in...I think I might know that guy. :shock:

[youtube]oILRxzaRLe8[/youtube]
#305525 by Tyroshai
Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm
Octillus wrote:he's a fucking hack and has been relegated to a lesser role in the proper film :P

Yeah man, I never liked him anyway. He randomly falls asleep at social occasions and gets excited about leaf litter.
What a weirdo :P
#305879 by LicoriceLain
Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:09 pm
Octillus wrote:he's a fucking hack and has been relegated to a lesser role in the proper film :P

So you are sabotaging the editing process? >:D
#306300 by Octillus
Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 pm
Oh hai, we reached our goal! Kickstarter's going for a couple days if anyone wants to preorder the movie though. It'll be cheaper and with more incentives.
#315694 by Octillus
Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:40 am
rock_midget wrote:Say, Cody, isn't there a premier tonight? *cheeseface*

Why yes, yes it is. There is absolutely no stress or worry on my end. Hehehehe ahahahahahahaha yesssss
#321422 by Octillus
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:17 am
So we've definitely dropped the ball on a lot of the rewards and goods, and for that I am awfully sorry - I'm still hammering at Cody Swanson about it.

That said, the film does exist, and you can watch it for free here
[youtube]u23L1-1B14A[/youtube]

We also have the soundtrack available for free, and you can pay a dollar for a copy of the movie - unless you already totally supported us, let me know, I'll get you a copy.

DVDs are definitely gonna happen. The other stuff will happen when I can afford to do it myself, but I am currently Funemployed.

http://mostlyawake.bandcamp.com/releases