#306080 by debs
Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:48 pm
Hi I can hlep you out with Train questions as I've been to londond before:

It run all the time usually a train 1 to 2 mins in between. It busy on the underground so take Water!
I think there a train to Cahlk Farm on the weekend (although i read there wasn't) but not %100 sure. You best buy a Visitor top-up Oyster Card You can use these on buses and train and on DLR (which i'm using) it work like a phone top up you buy the Oyster Card at
#306209 by Dr.Mosh
Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 am
Lettuce wrote:
November VIP ticket holders had to be present an hour and a half at the entrance before doors, this may not be the case though. I'd go for an earlier arrival then just spend the day mooching around London, there's lots of things to do!

I'll be in London in any case, I'm there all the time any way. Family and friends to visit :)
Just wondering what time I should plan for and what pub to meet my brother in
#306212 by Lettuce
Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 am
There's a large pub opposite the venue as well as a few bars and restaurants, I stress people aim to head towards the Chalk Farm area. Camden Town Station is very very busy at the weekend and not anywhere near the Roundhouse (Chalk Farm Station is next to it). As tempting as The World's End pub is too; it's completely packed on a Saturday so don't bother.

Here's a link to the Visitor's Oyster Card page, it has all the information about the travel prices. I don't know if you can buy a Visitor's one in a ticket office (you can buy regular ones which allow weekly/monthly season tickets, but they're
#306218 by Dr.Mosh
Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 pm
thanks for all the info Lettuce, I am sure people here will find it useful!
I am quite familiar with London, I grew up in the UK and lived in London for a while too ;)
#306222 by swervedriver
Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:28 pm
debs wrote:were getting a tazi after the gig expensive but nesscerry :D and yeah chalk farm be good to get off at

debs wrote:were getting a tazi after the gig expensive but nesscerry

debs wrote:expensive but nesscerry

debs wrote:nesscerry

#306239 by debs
Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 am
I don't have Spell checker on my laptop, so it didn't correct them things, I SAID me and my bf are getting a TAXI after the gig back down to where were staying. Its going to be expensive. :furious:
#306246 by Lettuce
Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:30 am
Get Chrome. Built in spell-checker. No confusion.

In other news- don't get a taxi. That's silly. Get a bus. That's clever.
#306248 by Dr.Mosh
Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:34 am
Lettuce wrote:Get Chrome. Built in spell-checker. No confusion.

In other news- don't get a taxi. That's silly. Get a bus. That's clever.

Night busses in London are always a massive source of amusement, if you're drunk yourself
#306249 by Lettuce
Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:12 am
Best night bus I ever got on was from Brixton to Croydon (those two things alone equals a recipe for lols) when I was about 15 and this drunk bloke with one leg in a wheelchair came on and just pissed everywhere. It was like 3am and we all had to get off and wait for another bus :lol:

To be honest though,
#306250 by debs
Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:24 am
Lettuce wrote:Best night bus I ever got on was from Brixton to Croydon (those two things alone equals a recipe for lols) when I was about 15 and this drunk bloke with one leg in a wheelchair came on and just pissed everywhere. It was like 3am and we all had to get off and wait for another bus :lol:

To be honest though,
#306253 by Lettuce
Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 am
If you leave at midnight, it's a tube, DLR and a bus. If you leave at 00:20 it's two tubes and a bus, if you leave at 1:00 it's about 3 buses and takes 40 minutes longer. But that's normal, my journey to Chalk Farm is usually about 40 minutes, there's an extra hour on top of that via night buses which is hardly noticeable because the only times I need to get a night bus are when I'm coming home from a gig/pub and I'm either with a bunch of mates or too pissed to care.
#306262 by Dr.Mosh
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 am
Lettuce wrote:If you leave at midnight, it's a tube, DLR and a bus. If you leave at 00:20 it's two tubes and a bus, if you leave at 1:00 it's about 3 buses and takes 40 minutes longer. But that's normal, my journey to Chalk Farm is usually about 40 minutes, there's an extra hour on top of that via night buses which is hardly noticeable because the only times I need to get a night bus are when I'm coming home from a gig/pub and I'm either with a bunch of mates or too pissed to care.

where do you live? I'll be staying in Peckham.
#306273 by debs
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 pm
Lettuce wrote:If you leave at midnight, it's a tube, DLR and a bus. If you leave at 00:20 it's two tubes and a bus, if you leave at 1:00 it's about 3 buses and takes 40 minutes longer. But that's normal, my journey to Chalk Farm is usually about 40 minutes, there's an extra hour on top of that via night buses which is hardly noticeable because the only times I need to get a night bus are when I'm coming home from a gig/pub and I'm either with a bunch of mates or too pissed to care.

thanks for the info but we prob be leaving at 11:30
#306277 by Lettuce
Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 am
You'll have PLENTY of time to get a tube. Station's right next to the venue as well.

Dr.Mosh wrote:
where do you live? I'll be staying in Peckham.

PECKNAAAAAAM! I live in Carshalton, in terms of tube stations; that's right near Morden.