The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#309732 by vaijuju
Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:07 am
Hiddos wrote:Speaking of hearing things in things, does anyone else hear some samples from Supercrush! in Where We Belong or is it just my imagination?

I hear some samples from supercrush in Grace !
#309931 by Seirenes
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:58 am
The album is finally started clicking with me, it's the first Devin album I needed time to get into it. At first it sounded so familiar that I was actually put off simply because I was still overwhelmed by the Decon/Ghost combo which I love very much. I have now put those aside and started listening to Epicloud with a relaxed mind. And it is a great album, I love the sound and some songs are really powerful.

And regarding criticism about recycling. I have been listening to that remark whenever I mention to people that I love the music of Ozric Tentacles, and the usual response is 'meh, all their albums sound the same'. Yeah, and usually it's the people who don't listen to them and have heard a song or two. This hypocrisy used to piss me off. It still does, but it used, too.
#309955 by ctfod
Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:36 am
Seirenes wrote:And regarding criticism about recycling. I have been listening to that remark whenever I mention to people that I love the music of Ozric Tentacles, and the usual response is 'meh, all their albums sound the same'. Yeah, and usually it's the people who don't listen to them and have heard a song or two. This hypocrisy used to piss me off. It still does, but it used, too.

I've listened to more than 'a song or two...'

The criticism isn't in the recycling. Just that it feels (FEELS) lazy this time around. On one song.
#309991 by Seirenes
Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 am
ctfod wrote:
Seirenes wrote:And regarding criticism about recycling. I have been listening to that remark whenever I mention to people that I love the music of Ozric Tentacles, and the usual response is 'meh, all their albums sound the same'. Yeah, and usually it's the people who don't listen to them and have heard a song or two. This hypocrisy used to piss me off. It still does, but it used, too.

I've listened to more than 'a song or two...'

The criticism isn't in the recycling. Just that it feels (FEELS) lazy this time around. On one song.

I understand. I may have been too general in my remark whereas you were specific to one song.

@anoxiauk - yup, Hedberg fan.
#310071 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:22 am
Listening to Divine, I have to wonder, who else here can genuinely relate to that track?
I don't want to be one of those douchebags who says "This song is about me!" but every time I hear it, the message definitely parallels where I am.
I suppose the longer you've been with the one you love, the more you can relate. Dysfunctionality may also play a part.
#310234 by fragility
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:08 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Listening to Divine, I have to wonder, who else here can genuinely relate to that track?
I don't want to be one of those douchebags who says "This song is about me!" but every time I hear it, the message definitely parallels where I am.
I suppose the longer you've been with the one you love, the more you can relate. Dysfunctionality may also play a part.

Hey, if "loving you is entire" is not one of the greatest lines ever, I'll eat my sparkly, wooly hat!
#310308 by Luna Moon
Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm
"Divine" totally rattles my ride way more than any of the other tracks do, oddly enough. Yummy low end...!

Oh - and not to mention it's a positively fantastic track that's like the warm apple butter on the Epiclouder sandwich; it warms the belly. *gulp!*