The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#310305 by Luna Moon
Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am
"Love Tonight" totally rules - it's so very Pink Floyd, which excites me. Dare I say it: I even liken the richness of Devin's voice (in general) to that of Gilmour's; they move me in the same way, and that's something most music can't do for me! Yet it's a feeling I seek to achieve in all music listening (though other sentiments I may experience with other tunes are important, too). I think that's why I so favor the DTP stuff - it takes you places like "Momentary Lapse of Reason" and "Division Bell" do. It's an audio journey whose richness, quality, and gigantor (!) sound are utterly fulfilling and lacking positively nothing!

So how do I really feel?! Hah! : )
#310735 by Cthulhu
Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 am
Am I the only one who gets a Melvins vibe from Quietus?
#310990 by Meh
Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 am
Matt08642 wrote:Just picked up the 2CD edition at an HMV in London, ON, Canada, and the 2nd disk has gaps :(

Info on the side of the case says "HDR-CD-603," and it's pressed by eone

Mine has no gaps and I can't seem to find that code anywhere on the packaging. The only unique code I can find for the bonus disc is on the disc after it says, 'Made in Germany', it has 0506038. Then on the flip side the CD seems to be made by a company called 'Arvato'.
#311851 by Leechmaster
Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:22 pm
I only sat down and listened to this for the first time today and HOLY BALLS it's got some great stuff on there. Happy Birthday, Quietus and Heatwave shit glorious dirty, filthy pus-filled shit all over half the tracks that made it onto Epicloud. Dunno how they got dropped. Anneke sounds the bizniz on Happy Birthday as well... that track is fucking brilliant. Couple of these have a really nice Ki-type Synchronicity Freaks-reminding kinda sound to them. Me likey... One or two tracks are bollocks alright though, but not as much bollocks as half of Epicloud.
#311986 by Faffy
Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 am
Leechmaster wrote:I only sat down and listened to this for the first time today and HOLY BALLS it's got some great stuff on there. Happy Birthday, Quietus and Heatwave shit glorious dirty, filthy pus-filled shit all over half the tracks that made it onto Epicloud. Dunno how they got dropped. Anneke sounds the bizniz on Happy Birthday as well... that track is fucking brilliant. Couple of these have a really nice Ki-type Synchronicity Freaks-reminding kinda sound to them. Me likey... One or two tracks are bollocks alright though, but not as much bollocks as half of Epicloud.

All though I have mad love for Epicloud, I can totally get behind this appreciation for Happy Birthday, Quietus and Heatwave.
Happy Birthday... aaaah...
#312072 by KeasbyNights
Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm
I think my favorites are Believe, Happy Birthday, Love Tonight and Love and Marriage. Little Pig is cool too, pretty different for Dev though. That song makes me wonder... what is Dev did a totally folk type acoustic album? I think he'd do an awesome job.
#314269 by gurp13
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 am
On the subject of gaps, I live in the U.S., so I got my through Century Media I believe. Anyway, mine had gaps. So, on a Mac, I used Audacity to open the files from the CD as AIFF files. If you don't know, AIFF is a "lossless" digital format. I then cut the silence out. It's easy on Audacity because it shows the waveform. Audacity is free as far as I know. Anyway, I found each track had a little silence at both the beginning and end. After cutting them, I exported as AIFF and then added them to iTunes where I then converted to 256kpbs AAC. And, there you have it! No more gaps on my Epiclouder!

I can't say I like it better than Epicloud. There are some damn good tracks though. I like Happy Birthday, Quietus, Whoa No!, Love and Marriage, and Heatwave. But, I think I like all the songs, really. It doesn't have Lucky Animals on it, which is a good thing. I really have a hard time listening to that song. I can't risk having that chorus stuck in my head. But, I adore so many songs on Epicloud!