#318504 by EphelDuath666
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 am
soooooo I received my limited edition 5-disc digipack today......eeeeexcept there were 0 discs in it :lol: And no booklet, if there's supposed to be one in there. Yeah, dunno what happened there but I got an empty box. So I sent it back to Amazon and now they can't send me one before October 8th. Wonder if it's not in stock right now because it's a widespread problem that is being fixed right now. We shall see.
#318506 by KeasbyNights
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:soooooo I received my limited edition 5-disc digipack today......eeeeexcept there were 0 discs in it :lol: And no booklet, if there's supposed to be one in there. Yeah, dunno what happened there but I got an empty box. So I sent it back to Amazon and now they can't send me one before October 8th. Wonder if it's not in stock right now because it's a widespread problem that is being fixed right now. We shall see.

What the..? I can understand one being missing, or something, but forgetting to stock the entire thing? That's ridiculous! :?
#318508 by EphelDuath666
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 am
KeasbyNights wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:soooooo I received my limited edition 5-disc digipack today......eeeeexcept there were 0 discs in it :lol: And no booklet, if there's supposed to be one in there. Yeah, dunno what happened there but I got an empty box. So I sent it back to Amazon and now they can't send me one before October 8th. Wonder if it's not in stock right now because it's a widespread problem that is being fixed right now. We shall see.

What the..? I can understand one being missing, or something, but forgetting to stock the entire thing? That's ridiculous! :?

yeah, but you have to admit, it is also kinda funny. Imagine the look on my face when I opened the digipack....
#318512 by hog
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:

yeah, but you have to admit, it is also kinda funny. Imagine the look on my face when I opened the digipack....

It is kind of funny. The anticipation and excitement and then..... nothing....

You must have felt like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A06ugFodWcE
#318513 by EphelDuath666
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 pm
well, in my family we used to give the younger family members wrapped boxes for christmas with nothing in them just to see their reaction. I guess the joke's on me now.
#318518 by JuZ
Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:03 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:well, in my family we used to give the younger family members wrapped boxes for christmas with nothing in them just to see their reaction. I guess the joke's on me now.

:lol: :lol:

#318524 by stuz
Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 am
With my two tickets and the Retinal Circus issue by Metal Hammer, my Deluxe Edition is now *really* complete!

So much love. :-o
#318545 by Meh
Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 pm
I ordered the Deluxe boxset and got through everything yesterday. Kinda regret spending so much money as much of the cost was the fancy packaging where my interest was probably just the DVDs (in hindsight). It's all really nice if you're into that though. The gig was cool and sound was practically brilliant but it was very long even with a few hours gap between both discs. Didn't think I'd be complaining about that but it's so full-on that maybe there's a bit of fatigue. Sometime in future I'd love to see him do a stripped down production as it's ultimately the music and performance that excites me and not so much the theatrics and 'framing' of his music. I also felt the framing/story maybe weakened the track selection. More audience shots would've been great, but he mentioned that himself. The commentary and doc were wonderful and very enjoyable as always.

Two questions if anyone can help out;

Can anyone who was there vouch for how closely the gig is represented on the DVD?

Is the ending of War (with just Anneke and Devin on guitar) not the intro to Soul Driven? This has always confused me.
#318548 by Hiddos
Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:40 pm
Meh wrote:Two questions if anyone can help out;

Can anyone who was there vouch for how closely the gig is represented on the DVD?

Is the ending of War (with just Anneke and Devin on guitar) not the intro to Soul Driven? This has always confused me.

The DVD/blu-ray is actually better than the gig was if you ask me. They (video editors) have managed to hide nearly all weird stuff going on on stage, like people standing around not knowing what to do,the animal cage not getting disassembled after trying for a minute (I think that's during PotA).
Vai is in sync with his voice now, which wasn't the case during the live show. The music videos played during the SYL songs weren't in sync either, and there's minimal footage of the screens during both songs.

The ending of War is the ending of War, not Soul Driven. I don't know why it's listed as Soul Driven.

Hope that helps :)
#318552 by KeasbyNights
Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:

It is pretty funny. It would be even funnier if you had done one of those silly "opening my package" videos, only to find the thing empty. :lol:
#318556 by Meh
Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 am
Hiddos wrote:The DVD/blu-ray is actually better than the gig was if you ask me. They (video editors) have managed to hide nearly all weird stuff going on on stage, like people standing around not knowing what to do,the animal cage not getting disassembled after trying for a minute (I think that's during PotA).
Vai is in sync with his voice now, which wasn't the case during the live show. The music videos played during the SYL songs weren't in sync either, and there's minimal footage of the screens during both songs.

The ending of War is the ending of War, not Soul Driven. I don't know why it's listed as Soul Driven.

Hope that helps :)

Yes, many thanks man, or girl. I was actually thinking after seeing the making of that everything looked surprisingly smooth - whereas it was just edited that way.

I looked into Soul Driven before. On the original CD the end of War is the end of War but it 'seemed' to be the intro to Soul Driven as it flowed into that better and the lyrics seemed more to mirror that song. I also checked out the lyrics on that metal database site and they at the start of Soul Driven - ok not a great source but I reedited the song for my ipod. Also, when Devin uploaded War to youtube he didn't include him and Anneke as part of that. I've also noticed some song titles on Infinity have different labeling in different places - 'Dynamics' is sometimes called 'Life Is All Dynamics'.
#318558 by Hiddos
Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
I am the guy in the pic. Maybe the ending bit was originally supposed to be in Soul Driven, as Infinity had some problems with making the deadline (Originally Truth flowed into War, and Om was on the record as well.).
#318559 by debs
Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:01 am
Just watched my dvd wow it looked so beautiful to see again, watching how it was put together and again wow so much hard work good job everyone.