Got any questions for Dev's management? Ask Jasper!
#318570 by ppinkham
Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 pm
I really, really don't think you should get your hopes up for this to happen. Inviting Dev and friends over to your house, and they don't even know you? I'm sure your intentions are good and your heart is in the right place, but I couldn't imagine a more awkward get together. Plus, Dev's time is limited on tour. He's a busy guy. Any spare time he has he needs to use to recharge. The guy is an introvert, and for that type of a person a BBQ at a strangers house is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Plus, Dev's a vegetarian...

Also, you could just ask Dev directly on Twitter, @dvntownsend.
#318573 by B0ydman
Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:55 am
ppinkham wrote:I really, really don't think you should get your hopes up for this to happen. Inviting Dev and friends over to your house, and they don't even know you? I'm sure your intentions are good and your heart is in the right place, but I couldn't imagine a more awkward get together. Plus, Dev's time is limited on tour. He's a busy guy. Any spare time he has he needs to use to recharge. The guy is an introvert, and for that type of a person a BBQ at a strangers house is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Plus, Dev's a vegetarian...

Also, you could just ask Dev directly on Twitter, @dvntownsend.

vegetarian?
Ahh, not so sure about him now.
only kidding.
hey, you never know.
but you're certainly right
my job makes me pretty well known in my industry.
It takes me to dinner with the Maharaja of Rajasthans in his palace, to giving advice to billionaires in shanghai and being read by a few hundred thousand every month or so.
but, in true "fight club" (the film) style, that's all b/s. Some pretentious tool will do my job when I'm gone.
some of the best experiences my wife and I have are picking up hitch hikers (ie, the locals) in Fiji, or going to an LA highway patrolmans home for dinner with his family, or giving my last $10 away in Hong Kong and having to find a way to get 20km back to my hotel.
that's an enriching way of life.
people might be surprised how many people have just come over.
Experiencing and overcoming that "awkwardness" is the mechanism that delivers a new drug to our being, that's pretty healthy for us.
the hard part is, how does one weed out the bunny boilers, lipstick wearing fellas and crazy nutjobs?
Vimeo and YouTube help with that, but at the end of the day, its a leap of faith.
absolutely during tours, probably not feasible- which is why the offer is extended to some others from his party.
I've been in hotels around the world. Its no fun and debilitating demoralizing and boring. Spending time with someone from the county is always enjoyabke.
the irony is, my wife is the one asking, "how do you know these guys aren't weirdos?".
The last time I did this it was 2 Chinese criminals migrating to Australia coming over for "tea". In hindsight I Should have told her in advance.
anyway. Offer is open to you too if you ever find yourself in Melbourne. I'm younger than DT and were good value.
cheers ppinkham, and thanks for your comments, certainly appreciated and nice to hear from a fellow DT fan.
#318577 by Lettuce
Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:45 pm
I really would not have any high hopes for this. Dev and his crew run an incredibly tight ship which gives them barely enough time to themselves, let alone time to party. I'm sure you're a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll be able to meet them at one of the shows; but Pinkham has a valid point...