This is my request, wish me the best
#320535 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 am
2-CD version has been ordered! Can't wait to hear this in full, especially the bonus material.
#320539 by KeasbyNights
Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:57 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:2-CD version has been ordered! Can't wait to hear this in full, especially the bonus material.

Where You Been on disc 2 is one of my favorite songs so far. It's especially good with Mend right before it.
#320543 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:33 am
KeasbyNights wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:2-CD version has been ordered! Can't wait to hear this in full, especially the bonus material.

Where You Been on disc 2 is one of my favorite songs so far. It's especially good with Mend right before it.

I think Where You Been is one of the best things Dev has done. Totally took me by surprise.
#320550 by KeasbyNights
Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:53 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:

I think Where You Been is one of the best things Dev has done. Totally took me by surprise.

Right?! Drench and Mend together totally put me in zen, then that song hit and I was totally taken back.
#320558 by Blazingmonga
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 am
KeasbyNights wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:

Right?! Drench and Mend together totally put me in zen, then that song hit and I was totally taken back.

Drench and Mend I do like though its a bit odd hearing them in another context, again.

Gone is Gone is also brill. For some mysterious reason it makes me think of God is God by Juno Reactor. Weird.
#320562 by KeasbyNights
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:10 am
Blazingmonga wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:

Drench and Mend I do like though its a bit odd hearing them in another context, again.

Gone is Gone is also brill. For some mysterious reason it makes me think of God is God by Juno Reactor. Weird.

I admit I never really listened to Drench and Mend previously. I had heard them once I think, but since it was a little hard to track down the Ghost 2 stuff I didn't bother with it mostly.

Gonna say, another favorite of mine is the somewhat ridiculous sounding Moonshine. I tried to think of why I liked it so much, and awhile ago the best description I could fathom was: "Moonshine sounds like I'm on a road trip with a young Ziltoid and the fan, flying by the moonshine diner on Route N99."
#321424 by rgx612a
Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:04 pm
It's cool that no matter what style Deviun chooses the fans embrace it... he could record a rap album and most of the fans would probably dig it. :mrgreen: I'm listening to this new album for the first time as i've been out of the loop lately on what Devin has been doing. Anyways this is Great stuff, i'm digging it... i'm actually much prefering Devin's mellower offerings as of late.
#321425 by KeasbyNights
Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:41 pm
rgx612a wrote:It's cool that no matter what style Deviun chooses the fans embrace it... he could record a rap album and most of the fans would probably dig it. :mrgreen: I'm listening to this new album for the first time as i've been out of the loop lately on what Devin has been doing. Anyways this is Great stuff, i'm digging it... i'm actually much prefering Devin's mellower offerings as of late.

Agreed. I'm perfectly ok admitting I'm a bit of a fanboy myself, but I think I enjoy his releases so much because of the effort and care he puts into everything he does. Not to mention he just has a natural born talent for making good music. I sat down at a piano today and derped around not knowing what the fuck I was doing. Devin could do the same thing and make music worthy of money. It seems to me anyway. :P
#321427 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Someone on YouTube uploaded the USB bonus tracks Cold Feet and Thing.
Cold Feet is pretty cool but does sound like a medley of a couple of tracks already on the album, like Dev was testing the waters with the musical styles.
Thing has a nice groove to it and gets pretty heavy. It reminds me of Disruptr, only not as metal until around the 4 minute mark.
Both songs are worth checking out if you haven't heard either.
#323907 by MagVesHa
Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:08 am
Can someone tell me why Yes is the artist behind CoC in iTunes?
When i import the 2CD version into iTunes Yes stands as the album artist.

But who is the album artist?
Is it just CoC, Devin Townsend or...
#323921 by metalex9
Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 pm
MagVesHa wrote:But who is the album artist?
Is it just CoC, Devin Townsend or...

I get the impression that Devin intended it to be released under the name Casualties of Cool (and that's the way Wikipedia and Discogs list it), but Spotify lists it under his and Che's names, with no artist entry for CoC. It's OM:B all over again.
#323922 by goncalobcunha
Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 pm
In Discogs the entry was created by yours truly! ;) But was created that way after some research and coming to the conclusion that the name of the project/band is indeed Casualties Of Cool and not a record by Devin Townsend.
#324779 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:34 am
I hope somebody uploads the interview to YouTube, as I don't really want to double-dip.

Sounds like a great investment for those who don't already have it though.