Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#324560 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 pm
Double-dip, new Nile track.

[youtube]jSVqclCr4fI[/youtube]

In terms of production and even music, this is a big improvement over the last album. The video though has me pissed off in all the right ways (that is to say, I agree with the anti-fanaticism message of the song). It's gonna be great to see this live.
#324598 by EphelDuath666
Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:47 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:listening to the latest Fear Factory songs on Youtube. I'm cautiously optimistic. Think I'll go ahead and buy it next week.

and that is precisely what I did and I'm actually REALLY enjoying the new FF album. There's one track I could have done without (Church of Execution...not my cup of tea and sounds a bit out of place) but other than that I am really enjoying this CD greatly. I mean, I enjoy 9 out of 10 songs...don't think that's been the case with any of their post-Obsolete records.
#324599 by Tyroshai
Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 am
EphelDuath666 wrote: I enjoy 9 out of 10 songs...don't think that's been the case with any of their post-Obsolete records.

Ditto! I've only given it a casual listening to at work so far but it's already given me a musical boner. I'll give it a proper go over the weekend. Really looking forward to it! :D
#324601 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm
Tyroshai wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote: I enjoy 9 out of 10 songs...don't think that's been the case with any of their post-Obsolete records.

Ditto! I've only given it a casual listening to at work so far but it's already given me a musical boner. I'll give it a proper go over the weekend. Really looking forward to it! :D

you won't regret it...I think it's their best since Obsolete. Mechanize was a pretty good metal album, just not really a Fear Factory album and as brutal as it was, there was not much memorable material on it (altough Final Exit was one of the best songs they had written in YEARS at that point).

And with The Industrialist they re-introduced a lot of their original sound that I missed so much over past years but the drum computer was a bad idea and the second half of the album alas was pretty mediocre compared to the first half, just in regards to song writing.

So it really makes me happy to see them return to form. Demanufacture and Obsolete are 2 of my all-time favorite albums and it's good to know they still got it in them.
#324602 by Tyroshai
Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:45 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Tyroshai wrote:

you won't regret it...I think it's their best since Obsolete. Mechanize was a pretty good metal album, just not really a Fear Factory album and as brutal as it was, there was not much memorable material on it (altough Final Exit was one of the best songs they had written in YEARS at that point).

And with The Industrialist they re-introduced a lot of their original sound that I missed so much over past years but the drum computer was a bad idea and the second half of the album alas was pretty mediocre compared to the first half, just in regards to song writing.

So it really makes me happy to see them return to form. Demanufacture and Obsolete are 2 of my all-time favorite albums and it's good to know they still got it in them.

They were a huge part of my personal 'trip' as a young'un. Demanufacture, Obsolete, Archetype and Digimortal had (and still has) me hooked after all these years. I completely agree with you on their more recent albums, while they're absolutely crushing...There's not half as substantial, there's been something missing. Thankfully they've got the groove back.
Genexus is a fine return to form. Long may it continue!
#324620 by EphelDuath666
Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:31 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:New Zombi track - Mission Creep.

Sounds like something you'd hear in a Halloween film directed by Dario Argento.

that was sweet! Have they announced a new album yet? Haven't done any research in awhile
#324623 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:35 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:New Zombi track - Mission Creep.

that was sweet! Have they announced a new album yet? Haven't done any research in awhile

As a matter of fact, they have. It's called Shape Shift, due in October. Check out the Bandcamp page:
https://zombi.bandcamp.com/album/shape-shift