You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#118798 by sj_2150
Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:36 am
Nothing wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:I recently got into pink floyd. and synchestra is kinda like the wall in the way that its better if you should listen to the whole album not single songs.

Yep, when my father listened to Terria he also dared to mention that it was like a Pink Floyd hommage/clone. :shock:

I Dont know much about PF, just got the album "Division Bell", and its not my thing

Devy by no means is a PF clone! :evil: :evil: :evil:

as for division bell well its not really anything close to their best. their classics IMO are meddle, dark side of the moon, wish you were here, animals and the wall. the most creative mind of the band i strongly beleive was roger waters who left mid 80s.

#119125 by Nothing
Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Nope, he heard it all! :)

#119146 by Atari
Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:42 pm
Last night i had the pleasure of hearing Pixellate played through the London Astoria's sound setup.

Earplugs aren't effective against sub drops :o

FF = rotten teases.

#119747 by Silicium Gentleman
Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:40 am
IanDork107 wrote:Oddly, I feel that the album starts pretty well, but ends amazingly. Gaia and Notes from Africa are definitely my favorites, but Triumph is also excellent. This is definitely a much better album than Accelerated Evolution. It's got a lot of the quirkiness of Infinity along with the majestic feel of Ocean Machine and Terria. The way that some of the melodies in several songs shift is rather jarring, but it's not really a big problem, just adds to the quirkiness of it. That said, I don't much like Vampira or the first two minutes of Babysong. Everything else is great, and a lot of the short interludes have some of the best moments on the album, particularly Mental Tan.

I would add that this one is kinda relaxed release: it seems like the Band is more sincronized now then it was before (AE, I mean), and it has it's own feeling, off course, but I'm still not exactly suttisfied as I hoped. I wouldn't buy any gadget of this, nor makin' a T-shit by myself. It's too far yet to make me happy as I was with Terria and all the old releases, sorry.

#126492 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:02 pm
Amazon.de says that the Japanese version of Synchestra has 1 Bonus track...does anyone know what that is? Is it just "Sunshine..." or?

#126505 by Atari
Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:27 am
I'd say Sunshine.....

Re:

#324950 by catharsis
Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:41 am
Greg Reason wrote:Yeah, it has the feel of "Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz" from Disco Volante, but the initial surf guitar riff is actually right out of "Pipeline" by The Chantays!

ok total thread necromancy but I stumbled across this song the other day and it is totally the same intro, and the bass line is exactly the same as well. coincidence, or homage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7c2ZKamzS4

Re:

#324973 by static2
Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:20 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:Amazon.de says that the Japanese version of Synchestra has 1 Bonus track...does anyone know what that is? Is it just "Sunshine..." or?

Sorry nobody got to you when you posted. Discogs says it's just "Sunshine & Happiness."