Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#320963 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:14 am
The Necks.
Been liking them for a few years but don't think I've shared them here. They've been around for a few decades and play jazz fusion with progressive rock elements. Their live shows are also something to behold. If that sounds good to you, have a listen.

[youtube]RNtMWqOMJRE[/youtube]
#320979 by KeasbyNights
Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:39 am
^ I love this. I will definitely be looking them up. Thanks for that!

These guys are from Nottingham, now moved to Los Angeles. They are just good old rock, but they have subtle shoegaze elements about them that I really enjoy. Nice melodies and good riffs here and there too. Funny name too; Amusement Parks on Fire.

[youtube]28yoiIDFzbg[/youtube]
#323186 by Ser Lefty
Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
As long as the language barrier is not a problem, here's a treat for you peaps.
It's unique, it's fast, it's aggressive and sometimes quite beautiful. That's Stam1na for you. I'm not even going to try the whole genre stuff with these guys so here's a song:

[youtube]HTzRHeqb078[/youtube]
#323760 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 am
Mushroom Giant.
Australian progressive instrumental band with an awesome sound and a great live presence. I bought their album Kuru after seeing them support Pelican and it brought a smile to my face. Check these dudes out if this intrigues you.

[youtube]CxUeUsm3jOo[/youtube]
#323761 by NamasteLikeBender
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:33 am
Ser Lefty wrote:As long as the language barrier is not a problem, here's a treat for you peaps.
It's unique, it's fast, it's aggressive and sometimes quite beautiful. That's Stam1na for you. I'm not even going to try the whole genre stuff with these guys so here's a song:

[youtube]HTzRHeqb078[/youtube]

I heard about (and saw) Stam1na when I studied in Tampere a couple years back, but like Devin it took me a while to really sink into. Nocebo is a gem of an album, and their others have a lot of great tracks on them.
#323789 by swervedriver
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:42 am
http://cartographer013.bandcamp.com/music

Cartographer is a band from a couple of colleagues/friends of us (my band), who released their first full-length last year. They were so lucky as to get to play as opening act for Karnivool when their tour passed through the Netherlands. I'm really impressed with the title track of their latest album (A Sea of Sunshine), as well as Acceptance off of their self-titled EP. If you like Explosions In The Sky and Oceansize, definitely give these guys a chance.
#326254 by EphelDuath666
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am
recommending this:

Dude's from Finland. His stuff used to be more ambient but it's more like post rock now but still has a similar vibe compared to his older stuff. Someone on here recommended Jääportit many years ago. Must have been Nick/Dunkelheit, he's into the sorta stuff. He hasn't been on here for a long while now though so he might as well be into K-Pop now...who knows :P