Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#325781 by Victimlas
Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:23 am
Thanks for the through reviews! I've had no time for gaming lately. Uncharted 4 was the last game I played, and now waiting for that DLC.
Been wanting to try both Watch Dogs 2 and FF15 , now I'll definitely give them a try :)
#325782 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:59 am
you're most welcome :) And yeah, do give Watch Dogs 2 a chance. In my opinion it's one of the best games of 2016 that no one played, heh. And its priced dropped quite a bit already so it's really a win win situation.

And I'm waiting for that Uncharted 4 DLC too :D Looks awesome and I love the fact that Chloe and Nadine are the main focus of that DLC, that should make things feel fresh!

And let's not forget about The Last Of Us 2. I nearly creamed my pants when I saw the trailer :D
#325789 by Victimlas
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:26 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Saw this on Dev's twitter. Am now addicted.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/540127

OMG :lol: :lol:

I just started a new game finally! Mad Max. Picked it up because it was so cheap and I wasn't expecting much, but it's a ton of fun! It's like a mashup of Uncharted, Far Cry, Carmageddon, and some GTA elements. You do have the camps like Far Cry 4 where you just go kill, loot, rinse and repeat but so far I am enjoying it.
#325790 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:49 pm
at some point I'll have to pick up Mad Max as well. And it's really cheap now, you got that right. And since I like all things post-apocalyptic this one should be right up my alley.

Also. I finished Resident Evil VII last night and holy moly....awesomesauce. If you're looking for a modern take on an old school Resident Evil experience then look no further because this is it. RE7 has a lot of those classic Resident Evil trademarks in it. All the weapons in the game are pretty much classic RE weapons, you're in a nice big mansion which is creepy as hell and causes that wonderful claustrophobic feeling, just like RE1 did back in 1996, you really have to conserve your ammo and sometimes it's a better idea to just run away rather than wasting all your ammo. And the antagonists in this game are just wonderfully insane. They really do get under your skin.

So yeah, RE7 has NOTHING to do with the past few entries in the series which were basically 3rd person shooter games. Best horror game I played in a long time. Unlike The Evil Within, Resident Evil 7 did not disappoint me in any way. Man, I really didn't think I'd ever get to play a great Resident Evil game again. Capcom knocked it out of the park this time.

You know....Konami could have gotten all this very same praise if they hadn't decided to cancel Silent Hills and part ways with Hideo Kojima. And that series really needed and deserved a great revival too. Oh well. I'm afraid the Silent Hill series is pretty much dead now.
#325791 by Victimlas
Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:30 am
Oooh I'll have to give RE7 a shot! Evil Within was a huge disappointment for me. I think I tossed it after half hour of gameplay .

That's a shame about Silent Hill!
#325792 by EphelDuath666
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pm
Victimlas wrote: Evil Within was a huge disappointment for me

Dito. I had such high hopes for that one, especially since Shinji Mikami really should know better. But TEW ended up just being a splatter game without much horror in it. And technically it disappointed too. I mean, I can live with mediocre graphics so that wasn't the main issue for me. But on consoles the game's frame rate stuttered way too much and they really messed up TEW's gameplay...aiming was just so, well, WEIRD because it zoomed in like crazy when you took aim at an enemy. I don't know. It just felt WAY off.

But even that wouldn't bother me too much. Heck, Deadly Premonition had shitty controls and graphics but that game was still awesome because it was simply unique and had wonderfully bizarre characters. It was basically like playing Twin Peaks and I loved that. The Evil Within kind of attempted to mess with your mind too but it in all reality it failed at that as well. And the game's characters were just not interesting at all. The story had a lot of potential but it never really got to the point where it woud make me go "Wow, now that was pretty cool". A real missed opportunity.

And yeah, I have several friends who also didn't play through the entire game because they felt completely underwhelmed by it. I somehow managed to play through it and I can tell ya: You didn't really miss anything :)

Man, I sure like to blab a lot...heh. :P

Anyways. Yup, do give RE7 a try. Heck, this game even makes me wanna give VR a try and I did my best so far to resist that urge :lol: Another 400 Euros. My poor wallet. Oh well, maybe sometime later this year...
#325799 by Cosmic Sea
Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:59 am
Cookie Clicker. Goddamn Cookie Clicker... :D

Must be the only game in the category of totally pointless games that I've ever invested more than a few minutes on. Quite fascinating from a psychology point of view, how just achievements and steadily growing production numbers and speed (and all that silly cookie-based lore!) can be so captivating. :shock:
#325808 by swervedriver
Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:05 am
Finished my first playthrough of Dark Souls 3. Maybe it doesn't have the same magic as Dark Souls 1 and its utterly beautiful world design, but it is still damn damn good. I also found the boss fights more challenging this time around, and all the more exhilirating to beat them solo.

...except Friede from the DLC, I summoned people for that one. She and her goddamn
Spoiler: show
THREE (3!!) phases
can fark right off.

On to getting my ass handed to me in PvP!
#325813 by EphelDuath666
Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm
I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn and holy moly does it look awesome! Great gameplay too, so far. Can't wait to play it some more this week!
#325816 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:21 am
I need to upgrade my Internet modem to one with Wi-Fi, so I can play the online function of my games before PS3 becomes obsolete. I am so behind with everything.
#325826 by EphelDuath666
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:38 pm
OK so I finished Horizon Zero Dawn and I have to tell everyone who owns a PS4...get this friggin game. It's awesome. It would be worth the money just for the visuals which are the best I've seen in any open world game so far. BUT on top of that the game's story is compelling and the game's gameplay is sooooo very good and satisfying. Going for the platinum trophy which I don't do often. I really hope they'll make another one, great stuff.
#325831 by EphelDuath666
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 pm
Mass Effect Andromeda is getting lots of mediocre reviews :( Cancelled my pre-order for now. If nothing else I'll just grab it when it's cheaper but for now I'm not sure whether I'd end up regretting a day one purchase or not.
#325832 by Victimlas
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:Mass Effect Andromeda is getting lots of mediocre reviews :( Cancelled my pre-order for now. If nothing else I'll just grab it when it's cheaper but for now I'm not sure whether I'd end up regretting a day one purchase or not.

I know! Was just telling my Hubby the same thing. I am going to wait on it -which sounds insane! I think I am going to try Horizon Zero Dawn as you suggested instead :)
#325835 by Tyroshai
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:Mass Effect Andromeda is getting lots of mediocre reviews :( Cancelled my pre-order for now. If nothing else I'll just grab it when it's cheaper but for now I'm not sure whether I'd end up regretting a day one purchase or not.

Oh my. :/