Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

Sunday Afternoon or Slow Me Down?

22%
22%
28%
28%
#46215 by Mordecai
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:41 am
Pretty simple people, cast your vote.

Some dick thinks Slow Me Down is better... but im like 'nuh uh!'. They are both fantastic songs, but one is just better and that one also has a rad solo while the other does not.

The poll probably wont work because i dont know how to make them, the options for making one are really vague. So just write your response anyway if you can be bothered.

Peace.

#46217 by regash
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:52 am
I think these two songs are just to different say which is better, one has something that the other doesnt have.
But in my eyes Sunday Afternoon is a bit better :D

#46218 by Mordecai
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:57 am
Sunday Afternoon.

...teehee *giggle* lol

#46220 by Ninja Butterfly
Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:53 am
Slow me down just because I was done for speeding while listening to that song and found it really difficult to stop laughing when explaining to the Police Officers what track I was listening to when they pulled me over.

Speeding is bad and I was a very naughty girl and I wont do it again.

#46223 by Condemnation
Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:14 am
They're very different songs, both stellar. One is more pop and fast paced. The other a slow more emotional...

So it's a tie, they are both great. It depends on my mood I guess.

#46227 by ianlogan123
Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:22 am
Slow Me Down. I'm sorry to say that I don't like Sunday Afternoon very much. And that includes the guitar solo.

#46246 by bloodredcurls
Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:21 pm
Ninja Butterfly wrote:Slow me down just because I was done for speeding while listening to that song and found it really difficult to stop laughing when explaining to the Police Officers what track I was listening to when they pulled me over.

Speeding is bad and I was a very naughty girl and I wont do it again.

This is off topic, but I got stopped for speeding listening to 'sister christian'....... it was the 'motoring' part that got me going. The band was trying to make time to get to a festival..... my b-friend and I were singing along... and our soundman had a fresh bag of green.........
Then there were those damn flashing lights behind me.
So I had to slow down and pull over as slowly as possible while our soundman ate his bounty.
I got a $375 (US) ticket, which was like $850 Cdn, and we were subjected to pot farts all the way to our destination. And if you've ever experienced such a thing - they ain't pretty.
But in retrospect - that trip was a TRIP! (we're working on the screenplay)
..... and both songs are equally as good in my book :)

#46265 by devyfan
Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Slow Me Down... Forever connected to a wonderful girl and memories...

#46277 by Coma Divine
Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:22 pm
Ninja Butterfly wrote:Speeding is bad and I was a very naughty girl and I wont do it again.
Which, speed or be naughty? :P (please tell me it's the former...)

Roman Legionnaire: "Now don' do it again!" :lol:

devyfan wrote:Slow Me Down... Forever connected to a wonderful girl and memories...
Sunday Afternoon for precisely the same reason.

#46281 by Drumdude13
Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:02 pm
I never play favourites on the DTB selection of song's.....BUT, I do have to admit that "Sunday Afternoon" is a song that has always stuck out as one of my favourites off of AE. The bridge in the middle of that song is amazing and I love Dev's vocals in that song as well. I always listened to that song while sitting in the front lounge of our tour bus while touring Europe in 2003.

Looking at the scenery while driving and listening to "Sunday Afternoon" on the tour bus always put a smile on my face and it's a memory I'll never forget !

#46291 by Guest
Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:49 pm
Sunday afternoon reminds me a Terria Vibe, while Slow me down is more in the "Christeen" hard rock sounding ... That's why I love AE, that's a very good mix of all Devy eras ...

I love them both

Geoff

#46307 by funny_little_guy
Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:09 am
Slow Me Down, not to say I've got anything against Sunday Afternoon. Both are amazing songs I just like listning to Slow Me Down more.

#46313 by Blazingmonga
Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:32 am
Sunday Afternoon does it for me...they are both lovely songs, but you also get the added bonus with this song of being able to listen to it on a real sunday afternoon...and then it all goes very surreal.