Archived

#76342 by Greg Reason
Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:02 am
Drumdude13 wrote:This would be the best collaboration Dev could do in my opinion. I would, of course, have to drum on it !!!!!!! I'm the biggest Porcupine Tree fan along with a HUGE Devy fan (even though I play in the DTB...I know) and I think the two of them would do amazing stuff, they could add my drumming to it too :lol: I'd lay down some bad fuckin' ass drum parts ! This has got to happen.......I'm going to bug Dev about it ! Oh yeah, did I mention I should drum on it too :twisted:

Hey! What about Devy and Fredy Thordendal? :twisted:

#76356 by EphelDuath666
Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:44 am
sorry, you gotta wait for that because we first gotta get Dev and Wislon together...musically. :lol:

#76367 by Tim
Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:43 am
Why don't we just stick the three of them in a room together and see what happens?

#76368 by Blazingmonga
Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:02 am
In the booklet to In Absentia Steven Wilson says something about Meshuggah being 'the other Swedish metal gods..'.

So, we need Mikael Akerfeldt, Fredrik Thordendal, Devin Townsend and Steven Wilson in a room together to work on a project together.

Yes!

Oh, and we would need a drummer too...I cant think of any good ones that would be interested though. Hmm! Thats probably the only thing stopping this from becoming a reality!

#76369 by Coma Divine
Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:08 am
DANGIT!!! NEVER A BLOODY DRUMMER AROUND WHEN YOU NEED ONE!! :roll: They're as bad as bloody taxis... :wink:

#76370 by Blazingmonga
Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:09 am
I know! You just cant trust them!

#78637 by EphelDuath666
Tue May 31, 2005 12:17 pm
well, we cannot forget about this thread here. I still think it would be an awesome thing if Dev and Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree would work together. Both of them are the geniuses of our time, I don't have any doubt about that and if you try to disagree I'll Dirty Sanchez you big time. Please almighty lord Rusty Trombone, make it happen! :string:

#78650 by Drumdude13
Tue May 31, 2005 4:34 pm
I know Dev is diggin' "In Absentia". I gave him a copy and he said he thought it was pretty cool.

I get chills thinking about SW, Dev, myself and some cool Bass player doing a cool little side project ! It would definitely be my #1 dream project to do. I think the ideas would be never ending ! Maybe one day....and if so....I'll be ready :twisted:

#78652 by EphelDuath666
Tue May 31, 2005 4:49 pm
well, Dev likes PT.... YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! Ahem, yes that's pretty interesting. :D Ahem...I think this drumdude13 guy, I think his name is Brian or something like that, is pretty right. It would rule. But Steven can actually play bass pretty well himself I think. So no need for another musician. You have 2 awesome singers, guitar players, keyboard players, I assume both can play bass...and you have one hell of a skinsmasher. What do ya need more? Me doing the gansta raps of course, bitches!
#236175 by Imhotep^
Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 am
please make this happen, this would be the most awesome colaboration in the history of music.

as a spin off a steven wilson 5.1 mix of Terria would be amazing.